Hello, Data Scientist
Welcome to the home of the #changeables. We design for the shapeshifters and deliver products and services that make us incredibly proud.
As a Data Scientist, you will be in a team where experts come together and ignite effective change. We call on all of you #changeables - people who are passionate about innovation and want to use tech to help others navigate their lives and business. As #changeables, we are made up of unique talents, diverse minds, adaptability and live up to the promise of staying curious.
The SFS analytics team supports the various products within SFS/FNB commercial with the aim to improve sales and processes and doing so with risk management in mind. The successful candidate will run with the more technical projects, that require not only technical expertise, but also someone that takes initiative, that is creative in their thinking and solution design and also has a broad understanding of the business in order to identify opportunities and exploit inefficiencies. As a Senior quant in the team, you will provide support to the head of SFS analytics and run with your own projects, provide guidance to junior members of the team and get things done with minimal guidance.
The wider Analytics team is a young energetic team with a can-do attitude and willingness to help each other succeed. This is a bunch of warm hearted and hardworking individuals with a sense of community.
You will be working on many types of products including:
- Commercial Overdrafts
- Invoice discounting
- Leverage finance
- Letters of Credit
We can be a match if you are:
- Curious - you're driven by always wanting to know more and learn more.
- Obsessed with mastery - you know what it takes to become good at what you do and are constantly pushing yourself to do it.
- Courageous - you're brave enough to think and do things differently and are always ready to put your hand up and take ownership.
- A team player - you believe in the power of teams so you're always part of one, building and leveraging your networks.
- Emotionally intelligent - you have a high EQ that enables you to truly connect with people, no matter how technical or specialist your role is
At FNB you will have access to:
- Opportunities to network and collaborate.
- Work that is challenging
- Opportunities to innovate.
- Flexible working environment
- Deep Focus on health and wellbeing
- Coaches and mentors to help you with your professional development.
- A very Generous leave policy to cater for your individual needs.
- Preferential employee banking rates that include Vehicle and Home loans
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To undertake predictive modelling and the design of data products within FNB commercial/SFS analytics which either drive innovation or add value by a) reducing risk b) increasing sales/cross-selling/revenue/profits c) improve efficiency d) retaining existing customers or e) a combination of the above. Examples include clustering/hyper segmentation, propensity modelling, attrition modelling, data-driven insights that include channel behavior, preferred payment mechanism, attrition unpacking, ideal customer behavior, etc.
- Be heavily involved in the design of solutions for problems faced by stakeholders in FNB commercial/SFS, i.e. performing initial investigations into the problem and proposing a solution, building a business case for potential solutions, be heavily involved in POCs including A/B testing, etc. Also work closely with stakeholders to ensure the correct solution is designed and implemented.
- Assist with ad-hoc queries for stakeholders regarding existing solutions, newly implemented solutions or completely new solutions.
- Drive implementation of solutions on platform/production environments.
- Build/ guide other team members to build PowerBI reports that display valuable insights and trends.
- Managing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Participate in code and peer reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
You’ll be an ideal candidate if you:
- Have a relevant Degree in Maths, Stats, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Physics or Actuarial Science
- 5 years' experience + in a data science / Quantitative environment
- Deep domain knowledge with regards to financial services: Credit, CVM,Pricing