For more than three decades, Strategic Data Systems (SDS) has been a software consultancy firm specializing in strategy, technology, and business transformation for Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized firms, and startups. At SDS, we empower our development teams to address our clients’ critical business challenges by leveraging cutting edge technologies. If you seek a workplace where your contributions are truly appreciated, then SDS is the company for you. Join us today to work alongside fellow development specialists and become a crucial part of our dynamic and cohesive community.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Design, construct, install, test, and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices for mortgage banking.
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models, and proof of concepts.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design, and high-performing software.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Create data tools for analytics and line of business that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Maintain a secure and compliant data processing environment in line with industry regulations.
Rewards And Benefits
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, preferably in the mortgage banking industry.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing solutions and relational SQL and NoSQL databases, Snowflake, MS SQL Server a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, MSK, Lambda
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages a plus
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to understand complex business requirements.
- Familiarity with data pipeline and workflow management tools: dbt, Apache Kafka, Snowflake data pipeline/streams
- Knowledge of financial and mortgage banking principles.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage tasks and timelines effectively.
SDS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Optional life and disability insurance provided
- 401(k) with a company match and optional profit sharing
- Paid vacation time
- Paid Bench time
- Training allowance offering
- You’ll be eligible to earn referral bonuses!