Piper Companies is currently searching for a Data Scientist to work as a full-time employee for one of the largest Healthcare providers in the Carolinas. You will use big data + AI to advance understanding of disease and patient care, and to solve real world problems in medicine and healthcare.
- Major responsibilities of the data scientist include but not limited to collect, process, integrate, analyze, and visualize large scale clinical data.
- Design, develop and deploy machine learning/deep learning models, software, and workflows.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical team members to identify, analyze and solve clinical or business-related problems.
- Proficiency with Python, R, SQL, Unix/Linux shell, Git.
- Hands-on experiences in large datasets including clinical, biomedical, image, text, or sensor data.
- Deep understanding of machine learning and deep learning methods and frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, and deploying machine learning models.
- Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Cloud, HPC, distributed computing, Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark.
- Natural Language Processing and Understanding.
- Experience in EHR/EMR and medical imaging, Software and web development Strong writing, communication, and project management skills.
Charlotte, North Carolina, South Carolina, Carolinas, Virginia, Data, Data Science, Data Scientist, Analytics, Analysis, Computer Science, Stats, Math, Science, AI, Artificial Intelligence, ML, Machine Learning, Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Health, Healthcare, Big Data, Meta Data, Database, R, SQL, Git, Shell, Unix, Linux,