About rubarb and the role
rubarb is a fast-growing start-up in the booming financial industry based in Hamburg. With a team of exceptional people, we want to empower everyday people to live a worry-free financial life. Even today, access to financial products is still complex and hence unevenly distributed, when in fact, it requires simple solutions to make them accessible to all. In November 2020 we went live with the rubarb app, offering a fully automated savings and investment platform for everyday people. Customers can make use of round-ups, savings plans and one-time payments in order to save money - free of barriers to entry and sustainable.
If you are passionate about solving relevant societal problems based on data and would like to work in an open and friendly multinational team with lots of development opportunities, this could be your next challenge. Here is your chance to create one of the most important business functions from scratch. You decide how.
- You will be responsible for the overall area of data science, but especially for the development of machine learning algorithms
- You will define key metrics, take responsibility for business intelligence reports, and start searching an incredibly rich and diverse data set for patterns and validating hypotheses (or not)
- You'll work with AWS and for the large part have decision-making authority over which technologies to use, which you'll be responsible for deploying yourself
- You will select the tools needed to capture, store, and process ever-increasing amounts of data
- You will work with the tech team, reporting directly to the CTO and taking full responsibility for the data and related processes
- You will build and develop your own team
- You will work on longer term projects with more than twelve months of research time
- You understand the need to clean data before it is used and when security is paramount to protect the safety and identity of our customers
- You have an academic background in a data science related field such as physics, biology, chemistry or mathematics
- You have relevant experience as a Data Scientist or Data Architect in a leading position
- You are proficient in all areas of building a data lake, from ETL processes to analysis and reporting to conceptualization and validation of hypotheses
- You are confident in programming in Python, Java or Go
- You are skilled in using R, Tableau, Microstrategy or similar and can argue when it is best to use what
- You have technical know-how in modeling and querying structured and unstructured data
- You have a good understanding of and experience with AWS
- You have very good English language skills, German is an advantage
- Finally, you have a sense of humor, a positive outlook on life, and love working on something meaningful with a team of many highly ambitious and intelligent people
- You will have a positive impact on people’s lives by building a product that takes away their financial worries
You will be part of an experienced, international and open-minded team with an ego-free culture
We offer 30 vacation days and full flexibility to work in our office in the center of Hamburg or at home
We regularly organize team events, offer free drinks (water, sodas, coffee, beer) and - of course - the obligatory foosball table
- Learning is very important for us, which is why you can use Wednesday afternoons to learn
- And if things get really wild, one of the founders even bakes a rhubarb crumble cake...
To learn more about rubarb follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
rubarb is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, national origin, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity age, marital status, disability, or age.