At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Tech Delivery Ops & Insights area in support of the Technology Division. This position will require you to interact and collaborate with varying levels of leadership within Technology functional areas and as well as Product Management area. This position operates in a rapidly changing environment and requires a self-starter with excellent time management and adaptability. The candidate should demonstrate strong data management (ETL) and problem-solving skills with attention to reporting accuracy and detail.
- Develop data set processes to facilitate analysis of data/information. Includes data modeling.
- Build data pipelines and systems that help to organize raw data for analysis. Includes data cleansing, transform and routing to destination / target data sets.
- Perform root cause analysis on all processes and resolve all production issues and validate all data and perform routine tests on data sources and provide support to all team level ETL processes.
- Document all test procedures for systems and processes and coordinate with business analysts and users to resolve all requirement issues and maintain quality for same.
- Document business requirements and create data requirements.
- Perform data analysis to find trends and patters and reporting on the results in the form of dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
- Proactively identify opportunities with moderate to broad impact and visibility, propose solutions to relevant parties and drive implementation of solutions with support from leader.
- Develop and manage business relationships with Finance associates, project team members and senior leaders across the organization
- Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for implementing projects in support of divisional and firm-wide business objectives; occasionally lead cross-functional teams responsible for divisional objectives.
- Takes constructive action with general direction from others; leader reviews complex and high-impact outputs.
- Serve as a technical and functional business intelligence subject matter expert
- Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvements to processes and controls
- Strong technical background with the ability to build data pipelines and performance optimization
- A proficiency with scripting, reporting and data visualization
- Advanced programming knowledge (python preferred) and in-depth knowledge of SQL/database
- Self-starter with the ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analysis skills, forecasting, and complex modeling. Ability to understand and identify opportunities to apply the different types of statistics and advanced analytical concepts.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Exposure to Product Management and related KPIs
- Exposure to Technology Business Management (TBM) taxonomy, PeopleSoft Financials
- BA degree required, preferably in the areas of finance, business, analytics, engineering, computer science or information systems.
- 4 years plus of relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks/projects and adjust to changing priorities with minimal leader input.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to influence associates and leadership up to the Senior Management level using verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work with relational and dimensional database architectures
- Ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data using SQL, scripting and BI solutions
- FORTUNE 2020 – Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list – the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm’s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634