Senior Data Analyst - Army HR
Arlington, VA 22209
We are recruiting for a Data Analyst to support Subject Matter Expert (SME) level work for the Army Integrated Personnel and Pay System-Army (IPPS-A) program. Qualified candidates should have Army Human Resources (HR) expertise and IPPS-A expertise to support the program's Functional Management Division (FMD) team with data accuracy and correctness initiative and standardization of data for all components including inbound and outbound system interfaces. Prior experience working as a G1 PAS Chief is preferred.
Location Note: A remote work arrangement will be considered from a U.S. based location.
Role and responsibilities:
- Oversees the data migration process from legacy systems into the IPPS-A.
- Directly works with system owners and Army component representatives to improve the quality of the legacy system data.
- Identifies, manages, and provides fit/gap for data-related requirements support while managing traceability for Authoritative Data Source.
- Oversees the implementation of capabilities that support data exchange.
- Provides subject-matter expertise and data analysis for data transformation support.
- Manages efforts with the System Integrator, Functional Management Division, and data owners on data definitions and other metadata, including relationship mapping and external data standards.
- Provides support for the reporting, query, and data warehouse solution.
- Coordinates weekly data synchronization meetings with functional system point of contact.
- Identifies, researches, and evaluates how data is populated to document known data issues across the Total Army Force.
- U.S. citizenship
- Current Secret security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- 10 years of experience supporting data analysis roles
- Extensive knowledge of Army HR Business Processes and personnel transactions
- 10+ years of experience in Army Legacy HR systems (iTAPDB, TAPDB-AE,TAPDB-AO, eMILPO, EDAS)
- Army experience working at the system level at HRC (FSD, PERSIND, TAGD)
- Recent experience with working in databases and using Standard Query Language (SQL)
- Proficient in various platforms, languages, and embedded systems
- Experience working with Army Human Resources systems for business intelligence, development, and maintenance of the system
- Data analytics and visualization experience to identify, extract, and manipulate data for dashboard visualization and reporting
- Ability to conduct rapid, independent decision making in stressful or fluid situations, including those that impact critical business systems
- Ability to lead fast-paced product delivery in challenging environments and work with senior military and civilian leaders to foster a positive client relationship
- Proficiency working across the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to excel in a blended government and contractor team environment