Experian Consumer Services is seeking a Data Scientist to help deliver personalized financial solutions to our customers. The ideal candidate must have the ability to extract insights from data and deliver a ML project from beginning to end, including understanding business needs, training/validating ML models, and deploying ML models to applications. In addition, the candidate must be able to thrive in a complex and fast-paced environment.
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop machine learning algorithms with huge data sets to solve challenging business questions.
- Improve performances of existing algorithms.
- Discover new data sources and create new input features for ML models.
- Build end to end data pipeline for ML models
- Communicate key analytical results to stakeholders.
What your background looks like
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (Machine Learning, Data science, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in a quantitative field such as data science or statistical modeling using cloud computing services such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.. Experience with e-commerce and digital marketing is preferred.
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques such as regression, support vector machines, and neural nets. Experience with natural language processing is a plus. Experience with deep learning algorithms such as convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks is a plus.
- Experience with cluster-computing framework, such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience with analytical tools and programming languages such Python or R. Working knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Three weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 10%
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.