Compiles and analyzes healthcare clinical and utilization data for the Data Science team. Performs basic interpretation of findings. Conducts basic statistical analysis, forecasting, predictive modeling, and simulations according to the statistical analysis plan and assists in the development of reports, tables, visualizations and other supporting documentation to disseminate findings to business. Works under close supervision.Responsibilities
- Conducts analysis that includes data gathering from internal and external sources, specifying requirements, processing, compiling, validating, modelling and presenting data as part of the broader end to end analysis.
- Shadows Data Science team members in the inspection of data quality acquisition and processing, including data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, and transformation.
- Shadows Data Science team in solving routine, inter-disciplinary analysis problems by applying analytical methods.
- Creates data visualizations and results and learns how to make meaningful visualizations and tables to the Data Science Team.
- Shadows senior data scientists in the development of analytic plans, including statistical design and methodology; executes analysis as specified; assists in creation of final reports, and presents findings to the team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics, Epidemiology, Finance or other statistics related degree required.
Experience: Experience working with statistical software (e.g. R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, SAS, or STATA) required. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.