Data analyst / Bibliometrician – focus on research
Copenhagen University Library, The Royal Danish Library The Royal Danish Library is offering an exciting opportunity to develop research evaluation activities and services across the entire University Library. We are seeking to recruit a data analyst/bibliometrician who is motivated to take on new tasks supporting responsible metrics, promote an inclusive evaluation culture in close collaboration with the university and work proactively with research evaluation across diverse research areas.
As part of this role, you will need strong technical skills in data analysis and scientometrics, experience working with research evaluation and have the ability to forge strong working relationships with stakeholders from across the university and university libraries research evaluation landscape.Profile:
As a data analyst/bibliometrician, you are both a statistically strong analyst and a service-oriented team player who thrives in a professional community. You enjoy working independently and also as part of a team developing the department’s cross-disciplinary service portfolio. You are an active networker who manages to build and nurture professional relationships with colleagues and partners within and outside the university. Flexibility, confidence and knowledge are qualities that drive you in collaboration with many units and colleagues within and across the organization. You thrive in an organization where prioritization and organization of work tasks are changeable and dynamic. Accordingly, you will be expected to collaborate closely with colleagues on delivery of bibliometric and Open Science services targeted the University of Copenhagen and Roskilde University, as well as across The Royal Danish Library’s Open Science initiative and networks. As such, the job presents a great opportunity to work in a broad collaboration across the university library sector.
We would like you to have experience with teaching and dissemination, a solid professional knowledge of the opportunities and challenges in evaluating research output and an understanding of best practices in promoting the responsible development of Open Science in a complex and busy university environment.Key duties:
The post holder will join the Department of Research Support, who delivers library and researcher services primarily to the University of Copenhagen including data management, Open Access publishing, bibliometrics, research evaluation and research registration, copyright and teaches PhD courses. The team consists of seven colleagues and one line manager, each person is the primary contact and responsible for the aforementioned services and works strategically in further developing support for Open Science activities in collaboration with the university.Your key duties:
Skills & comptencies:
- Analysis of bibliometric data and other metadata describing research output
- Collection of data from diverse databases and documenting data responsibly
- Prepare and communicate simple and complex data sets
- Preparation of key figures on research at the university
- Write reports to management and provide information that can be used in research evaluation at the faculty and department level
- Design and deliver training sessions in research evaluation and analysis
- Communicate and further develop the university library's services and infrastructures for research evaluation and analysis
- In collaboration with colleagues support library users and research units at the university
You are expected to be:
- Competencies in and understanding of data analysis that informs research evaluation, bibliometrics and scientometrics.
- Knowledge of and skills in BI tools, including how to build dashboards
- Experience with statistics and coding
- Knowledge of visualization tools for bibliometric data.
- Ability to communicate conceptually detailed and complex information effectively and professionally with a wide range of people at all levels within the organization and externally. Both in Danish and English
- Experience in developing networks and working strategically in an organization driven by research policy
- Substantial administrative, academic or scientific background with experience of developing research support services within in an academic environment
Salary and terms of employment:
- able to both work independently and in close collaboration with the Research Support team to achieve strategic goals
- solution and goal-oriented
- proficient in structuring (meta)data as information for decision-makers
- technically minded with an solid understanding of central tools and data infrastructure
- flexible in taking on new projects and running with them.
The Department for Research Support is located in Copenhagen, Nørre Allé 49. The weekly working time is 37 hours incl. lunch and as we emphasize the balance between working life and leisure, flexible working hours are possible. While Danish language skills are not a requirement for appointment, it is expected that you learn the language as part of this role (support will be provided).
Employment and remuneration take place in accordance with an agreement with the Ministry of Finance and after negotiation with the negotiating professional organization. You must be willing to submit a criminal record on request before any employment..
If you wish to discuss the position in further detail, contact section manager
Michael Svendsen , or +45 9132 4589
If you find the job interesting, please send an electronic application with attachments (CV, documentation of qualifications and other relevant documents) via (LINK) (click on the link Apply Now at the bottom of the post) no later November 19th. We expect to conduct the first round of interviews during week 47 with expected job entry in January 2022.
The department seeks to reflect society and encourages applications irrespective of personal background.