At Pixalate, we are building technology products for catching white-collar crime in digital advertising. We build products that help build trustworthy, privacy compliant, and safe supply chain for Connected TV and Mobile advertising.
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Director Data Engineer to lead the Big Data and Machine Learning Team to solve quantum uncertainties in the sheer amount of data we receive. This role will own the vision, architecture, development as well as continual improvement of our backend streaming systems. This role will tackle some of the most challenging problems in high-performance, highly available backend systems using the latest technologies.
What you'll do:
Own our data pipeline and infrastructure
- Work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Data Scientists to develop and own data-driven systems
- Assist development team in troubleshooting, coding, testing, implementation, and documenting solutions
- Support, grow, mentor and inspire new and existing team members
- Be responsible for shaping how we acquire, collect and leverage data
Bachelors or Masters graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or another related technical field
- At least 1-3 years of experience managing 2 or more engineers
- Extensive experience building and supporting new streaming data pipelines
- Experience with massive amounts of data using big data technologies
- Proficiency in Java, Python, SQL
- Experience with R is a plus
- Strong experience in AWS and Google Cloud platforms is a big plus
- Experience with right sizing and maintaining cost efficiencies in cloud environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate well with people at all levels of an organization both internally and externally, both written and verbally
What perks do we have to offer?
We focus on doing things differently and challenge each other to be the best we can be.
Remote work environment
- Solving critical social problems of Ad Fraud, Data Privacy and Children safety on the internet
- Flexible hours
- Excellent Benefit package
- Extremely competitive compensation
- 401K and healthcare benefits
- Stock options
- Zero micromanagement