Join a fun & leading Australian national sporting organisation that is unique and like no other. The organisation has 1000+ employees nationally and is deeply rooted in Australian sporting culture.
The Data Engineer (Contract) role is responsible for contributing to the design, architecture of the Data platform as it moves to cloud. Working in a DevOps capacity, the Data Engineer (Contract) will provide delivery support for the range of data initiatives throughout the course of
The Data Engineer (Contract) will be responsible for developing and maintaining ETL/ELT pipelines from multiple sources and designing, building, and deploying data-marts and their features to support the organisation.
- Participate in the development of the data strategy, overall architecture and data platform roadmap.
- In a DevOps context, support the ongoing development and operation of the platform for the data requirements of each business domain
- Provide data platform support for the organisaiton
- Troubleshooting problems and resolving issues with customers, business partners & vendors a required.
- Implementing controls relating to the handling, security, and privacy of data.
- Strong understanding of ETL/ELT pipeline development
- Experience in an Amazon Web Services environment with demonstrated knowledge of core services
- Strong Python and SQL skills, preferably in Snowflake.
- Understanding of data modelling - Kimball and/or Data Vault
- Understanding of Authorisation and Authentication services and patterns
- Experience in a DevOps & Agile delivery framework
Daily rate: $800 - $1,000 a day
Contract length: 6 months that is highly likely to get extended
Location: Melbourne (2 days in the office)
Does this role suit you?
If you're interested in this role, submit your resume using 'apply now' (no need for a cover letter!). or for a confidential discussion call Johnson Do on 0410 454 167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org