At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
We need an innovative and hands-on Senior Data Scientist to join our team. This will be the founding member of our data science practice so it’s an exciting opportunity for someone looking to establish solid foundations for that team. Our goal is to embed artificial intelligence and machine learning into everything we do in order to create smarter products and enhance the customer experience.
Who You Are
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Advanced degrees preferred but not required, e.g. PhD or Masters Physics, CS, Stats, etc.
- 7+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- Expert level fluency using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, or similar) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, or similar) and experience with applications
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, or similar) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Mode, Chartio, or Tableau)
What You'll Do
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products
- Impact key company objectives by working closely with product managers to refine our data science roadmap
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- Act as a data evangelist to create a data-driven culture across the company
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
To learn more about our company values, please visit: https://info.instawork.com/about