Senior Data Engineer
- You are determined to stay ahead of the latest Big Data, ML, Decisioning, Visualisation and Data warehouse technologies
- We're one of the largest and most advanced Data Engineering teams in the country
- Together we can build state-of-the-art data solutions that power seamless experiences for millions of customers
Do work that matters
As an experienced data engineer with proven expertise in software development and a passion for providing data-driven solutions, you’re ahead of trends and work at the forefront of Big Data, ML, Decisioning, Visualisation and Data warehouse technologies.
Which is why we’re the perfect fit for you. Here, you’ll be part of a team of engineers going above and beyond to improve the standard of digital banking. Using the latest tech to solve our customers’ most complex data-centric problems.
To us, data is everything. It is what powers our cutting-edge features and it’s the reason we can provide seamless experiences for millions of customers from app to branch.
As part of the CDAO Operations team, we manage a portfolio of critical applications and data services used by internal and external customers. Our teams provide Level 1 technical support for all platforms, ETL and systems within CDAO remit.
We’re responsible for CommBank’s key analytics capabilities and work to create world-leading capabilities for analytics, information management and decisioning. We work across the Teradata Group Data Warehouse, Hadoop Big Data Platform, Analytics Workbench for Machine Learning, Pega Decisioning, SAS, R, Tableau, Oracle BI, Ab Initio.
What will set you up for success?
- You’re passionate about building industry leading group data products from scratch
- The design and construction of large-scale automated machine learning and data mining practices excites you
- You’re ready to execute state-of-the-art coding practices, driving high quality outcomes to solve core business objectives and minimise risks
- You’re capable of creating both technology blueprints and engineering roadmaps, for a multi- year data transformational journey
- You feel at home and can lead and drive a culture where quality, excellence and openness are championed
- You’re constantly thinking outside the box and breaking boundaries to solve complex data problems
We are interested in hearing from people who:
- Are experienced in design and development of Big Data, ML, Decisioning, Visualisation and Data warehouse applications
- Are confident in building group data products from scratch, by integrating large sets of data derived from hundreds of internal and external sources
- Have a natural drive to educate, communicate and positively influence a large stakeholder group
- We use a broad range of tools, languages, and frameworks. We don’t expect you to know them all but experience or exposure with some of these (or equivalents) will set you up for success in this team;
- Hadoop / Teradata platform, using Spark , TCF and various ETL frameworks
- Scala, ANSI/ISO SQL, or AbInitio graph along with backend coding expertise in Java and Python (Good to have)
- Basic understanding of modern DevOps tool set, e.g. Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Team City, JIRA
- Pega systems knowledge (Good to have)
Working with us:
Whether you’re passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career with CommBank is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive, and flexible workplace with flexible work locations. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you’ll thrive. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We’re hiring engineers from across all of Australia, you’ll be empowered to do your best work and be given the choice on when and where that work happens. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any queries about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 22/05/2022