Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world.
We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 170,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
The Business Information (BI) Data Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Bank Australia’s data program of works. The successful individual will be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up and will be excited by the prospect of optimising (or even re-designing) data architecture to support the next generation of products and data initiatives.
Why join us
- We have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit.
- Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
- We offer flexible working options and competitive salary and benefits, including 11% super and paid parental, volunteer and family violence leave.
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours.
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
- We are the first bank in the world to own its own Conservation Reserve – which we use to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you will be doing
- Delivery of core data source extracts (MS SQL SSIS/SSAS) for data visualisations (Power BI) and/or other system use
- Collaborate with Technical Lead on infrastructure improvements that increase scalability and fault tolerance, while reducing data usage
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft stack (MS SQL SSIS/SSAS) technologies
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Pro-actively work with business teams to capture/understand/refine business requirements regarding data and visualisations in line with a data program or work
- Drive standardised data design for the Implementation of SSRS and PowerBI reports utilising Power BI Report Server on-premise version
- Assist in the conversion and creation of business reports utilising various visualisation tools over new data architecture.
What you will bring
- Experience delivering a variety of data sources using MS SQL SSIS, Powershell & Python scripts
- Experience implementing internal process improvements such as automating manual processes and optimising data delivery
- Strong experience with index optimisation, table partition automation and database security
- Understanding of Temporal & In-Memory Tables, with exposure to Polybase
- Deep understanding of Data Warehouse concepts
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, Python/R language, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Project experience migrating databases to either AWS or Azure • Proficiency in DAX & M languages for Power BI and be able to deliver a wide variety of Report Visualisations
- Experience utilising Sybase Server databases, Power BI in the Cloud / O365
- Demonstrated skills in business analysis, capturing requirements for data and reporting solutions and working with stakeholders to refine requirements
- Experience creating reports & sub-reports using Tabular & Multidimensional SSAS Cubes
- Ability to benchmark report performance and monitor report reliability
- Understanding of design lifecycle & be able to maintain Frontend Security in conjunction with Database Security
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Collaborative and inclusive approach
- Tertiary qualification in information technology or similar
- Relevant certified accreditations relevant to Microsoft BI stack skills
- Experience within the banking/financial sector desired
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the B Corp ethos.
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.