The Risk Management Data Analyst will be responsible for developing reporting, providing analytical support of key risk management decisions, and testing and evaluation of metrics across all categories of risk. The employee will ensure all metrics and reporting are consistently defined and executed, work to proactively identify business risks and opportunities, and recommend strategies to mitigate risk to acceptable levels.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of Fair Lending and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Data for UBSI and subsidiaries to ensure compliance with regulatory rules including tracking, mapping and analyzing data to generate reports that are used to assess performance.
o Independently perform quantitative analyses from multiple data sources, including using software system(s) to evaluate the geographic locations of the bank’s loans, and comparing lending distribution to other institutions and across United’s footprint
o Assist in distributing periodic reports on lending performance in meeting the credit needs of historically underserved communities
o Create procedural documentation in support of independent validation and ongoing performance monitoring for fair lending models
o Communicate results using non-technical terms
- Support overall risk management framework through data analysis, and development of metrics to measure the effectiveness of risk management controls.
o Streamline data collection from multiple datasets while respecting data validation and governance procedures
o Prepare and present statistical results and data sets for management and board of directors reporting, regulatory requests, and examinations
o Interpret and present statistical results clearly and concisely to senior management
- Develop expertise with regulatory guidance, including peer discussions, continuing education, and working with other internal experts to ensure “best in class” statistical and analytical methods
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to statistics, research, or data analytics and one (1) year of related work experience required; or five (5) years equivalent related work experience in lieu of degree required.
- Understanding of consumer lending products such as credit cards, auto loans, mortgages, home equity loans, and their various programs and qualification requirements preferred.
- Three (3) years experience using various software systems to analyze data
o Experience working with large datasets (i.e. over 10,000 rows of data, with over 100 fields per row)
o Knowledge of importing data into software tools, filtering and exporting data from software
o Experience using large datasets to create detailed analytical reports
- Ability and desire to learn how to use statistical analysis software without formal side-by-side training. Not afraid to roll up your sleeves to use complex fair lending analysis software to create reports.
- Banking regulation knowledge and experience a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate in an effective, concise and inclusive manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Communication proficiency
- Ability to communicate results of data analysis in non-technical terms
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks, perform complex mathematical calculations, comprehend and apply various banking regulations
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data.
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus as necessary should the business need arise (no more than 10%).
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region’s premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.