UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Come join the Business Insights division or the UHC Operations Analytics team whose mission is simple and audacious – make the healthcare system better for everyone by driving action with data and analytics. In our team, we are guided by the desire to mature our solutions to be more descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive in nature, while at the same time build the relationships needed to be a trusted advisor, working hand in hand with our business partners. Within this team you will be focused on Provider Data solutions – making sure we provider accurate and timely reporting and analytics suite to serve our provider operations teams.
Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles. Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems. Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities. Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition. May design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use your operational analytical skills to design/develop, program, maintain and publish reports
- Make solid recommendations based on the analysis and provide explanations for reporting results for both internal operations and our customers
- Self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of data modeling (relationships, data types, tables, etc.) and analytics concepts (queries, reporting, association of data sources)
- Interpret requirements and translate them into data requirements (interfaces, data transformation, etc.) for complex projects
- Collect and interpret data from various internal and external sources; prepares and compiles data
- Demonstrate familiarity in using modeling and reporting tools and how to use them during the analysis process (e.g. SQL and/or Business Objects tools)
- Design and/or develop specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting to facilitate analysis
- Design and develop network accessibility reports in Quest Analytics software packages.
- Data mapping (e.g. between source and target databases; mapping screen fields to database columns)
- Assist business and systems analysts with business rule and data integration
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of customer Facing Experience (Including status updates, strategy discussions and managing complex/sensitive scenarios)
- 1+ year of experience Capturing Requirements, Documenting System/Process Changes, and/or Design/Thinking Experience
- 2+ years of experience Leading/Participating in a Project Delivery Environment
- 3+ years of Report Development & Analysis Experience
- 2+ years of experience with BI Tools (Tableau, Power Bi or Equivalent)
- 3+ years of Data Technology Experience (SQL Server, Salesforce, etc), or equivalent experience working with data
- 3+ years of ETL and Data Modeling Experience
- 1+ year of Experience working with Big Data/Cloud Technologies (Hadoop, MAPR Hive, Spark/Snowflake)
- 2+ years of experience with Productivity Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Work)
- 3+ year of Healthcare Industry Experience
- Health Insurance Experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000.. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Engineer, Remote, Telecommute, SQL, Data, Hiring Immediately, #RPO, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH