OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Do you view problems as treasures? Are you willing to immerse yourself in data to develop solutions and drive results through analytical insights? Are you excited about bringing science to the art of managing HR analytics and identifying improvements? Will you seek to challenge the norm in an environment where your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily?
We are building a dynamic, forward-thinking ‘People Analytics & Decision-Support’ team tasked with balancing people, process, and technology to help HR make informed decisions and deliver results. The Sr. Data Scientist, People Analytics & Insights role will be a key member on this team. In OpenText’s intensely data-driven culture, this team takes and challenges HR fundamentals and metrics and innovates to improve efficiencies, analyze data to support decisions, enable HR leadership effectiveness, and enhance the employee experience.
If you are a technical, curious, and passionate consultant that thrives in a fast-paced team environment where your potential is unlocked - this is the opportunity for you. OpenText is only just starting to build communities of data scientists and take its people analytics capability to a new level of insight. Be part of building something new.
You Are Great At
- Partnering with HR and functional leaders to perform research and analyses on a broad spectrum of people issues: to optimize employee performance, engagement, growth, diversity, management and leadership development, learning, compensation (e.g., pay equity), and retention.
- Leading talent analytics initiatives working with a team of analysts and engineers to develop the tools and insights for our people and decision-makers.
- Developing and delivering advanced data and machine learning models using statistical and analytical techniques/toolsets to solve people related challenges and provide data-driven insights.
- Driving impact through the small things including the integration of multiple data sources to ensure effective and efficient delivery of data sets for analysis Develop solutions with the end-user in mind and leverages the power of data science and analytics to achieve results (i.e., AI, Machine learning, dashboard, etc.).
- Demonstrating analytical prowess around data retrieval, manipulation, and performance analysis from data management systems; further turn this data into useful information,
- Leading project lifecycle of key data science and analytics programs, from exploration through to development and execution; demonstrating project management skills that drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Developing and refining people processes to make a great workplace even better leveraging strong quantitative skills and experience working across a variety of people areas.
- Collaborating closely with core team members including the ‘Reporting & Data Governance Manager’, ‘Organizational Effectiveness’ team, and HR IT to execute projects; providing subject matter advisory to achieve results.
- Acting as business partner on projects and make recommendations with quantitative and qualitative information.
What It Takes
- Masters in in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience applying that education, particularly on statistical analytical techniques, data mining, machine learning, and predictive models using Python and R
- Strong SQL, databases, and ETL pipeline skills required including cleaning and managing data
- Experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark and Data bricks, and languages such as Java or PySpark
- 2 years’ experience handling and analyzing survey data, including factor loading and drivers’ analysis
- Strong grasp of text mining/ Natural Language Processing (NLP) or modelling/building Organizational Network Analyses (ONA)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or SAP Analytics Cloud highly desirable
- Ability to quickly learn new technology/software/systems, understanding of HR technology, systems, HR data and reporting and experience with HRIS and reporting/ data visualization
- Take initiative and comfortable juggling multiple priorities with time sensitive deadlines
- Great communicator (verbal, written and visual) who excels at distilling concepts and complex people data into easily digestible stories using MS Office tools such as PowerPoint
- Easily form relationships and enjoy working with many different stakeholders at all levels of an organization
While OpenText is an Equal Opportunity Employer, our efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.