The Role - Data Analyst
Ebury is looking to add a full-time Data Analyst with to our award-winning Data and Analytics team. The candidate will work with business stakeholders to gather requirements and will deliver insight solutions in the form of dashboards and reports. The successful candidate will have at least one year's relevant experience working in a commercial environment.
Key responsibilities include
Madrid or Spain (remote first, with the ability of visiting the office twice per month)
Become knowledgeable in data sources and expected outputs in specific domains
(including but not limited to Finance, Capital Markets, Regulatory Reporting,
FinCrime, Compliance, Operations)
- Preparing and validating data and reporting requirements in collaboration with
- Use SQL + Git + dbt to build new analyses and reports and support existing ones
- Developing, testing, maintaining and documenting dashboards (Data Studio) and
self-service analytics platform (Looker)
- Helping business users navigate dashboards and source their own analyses
- Use Python to manipulate data outputs into conformed schemas (.xml, .txt)
- Resolving any relevant inquiries/issues related to data and reporting
- Seek to constantly improve, streamline and standardise processes, procedures,
systems and toolsSkills and requirements
- Experience managing and querying large datasets using SQL
Fluency in written and spoken English, a must
- Clear and direct communication skills about complex, technical topics
- Track record of working autonomously with time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining high attention to detail
- Experience using Python to manipulate data, a plus
- Financial Services and Capital Markets experience ( FX, Payments, Money Markets, Treasury etc) is desirable not mandatory
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector. Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
In September 2021, Ebury was named one of the top 15 European Fintechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced Fintech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.