Data Analysts support the development and optimization of strategic initiatives by generating actionable insights and recommendations from internal and external data. Data Analysts support business growth by using business intelligence tools to mine complex data, identify historic trends, and visualize large datasets. Data Analysts play a critical role in data governance, helping to create and maintain data standards and quality.
The Data Analyst will work as part of the skilled and passionate Defense Aftermarket team delivering business solutions that enable the global sales and marketing teams. The position’s primary role will be to leverage internal and external data using data science techniques to solve business problems.
At Textron Aviation, we are building a community of Data & Analytics professionals with an emphasis on collaboration and cross functional support. You will have the opportunity to work closely with your peers throughout the organization toward a vision of data driven strategy
- Develop and maintain data reports measuring daily business activities in Power BI, Alteryx, or similar tools using query languages and formula libraries such as SQL and DAX
- Serves as an internal consultant to business leaders by conducting regular and ad-hoc analyses to convert data into strategic assets.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models to answer business questions and make predictions using R, Python, and other programming languages
- Develop technical as well as process-based solutions addressing business needs
- Work to improve data quality by assisting data governance efforts in creating and maintaining data quality standards
- Develop best practices and document proven solutions
- Interface with other data professionals throughout the organization to embrace cross functional growth in analytics capabilities
- Gather and document analytics project requirements from business stakeholders
- Explore and understand the inner workings and market context of an aircraft OEM
- Coordinate data management and resource requirements with data engineers
- Conduct training to business analysts and internal customers on data and resources available through the analytics system