Do you want to enhance society by applying and developing your data engineering skills? Do you want to be part of an open network, which connects you with innovative technologies and the brightest & smartest people all around the world?
About Royal HaskoningDHV Digital
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine more than 140 years of technical experience with the latest digital technologies to help clients across a range of sectors thrive in our complex and dynamic environment. Our people want to make a positive change to the future and leave a legacy for generations to come. Our motto: ‘enhancing society together’.
The Aquasuite platform allows us to help our clients obtain complete, real-time insight into their entire water and/ or wastewater network and treatment system. Aquasuite operates worldwide to ensure fewer leakages, reductions in energy and chemical consumption, and better water quality with lower costs. Using data science, real-time control and decision support, the Aquasuite® platform helps solve global water problems, both on-site and in the cloud. It is a robust and proven platform to which with hundreds of water systems around the world are connected.
The Aquasuite Team consists of over forty motivated experts in the fields of drinking water, wastewater, water transport, data science, system engineering and ICT. We innovate through collaboration. Within our team, every colleague is a source of inspiration and has the ability to make a difference. Together, we are building a future to be proud of.
What will you do?
Our rapidly growing software development team, needs an Azure Data Engineer to extend our Azure Data Platform with additional features and improved scalability.
- We are looking for a Data Engineer with over 3 years of relevant experience.
- You will be working at the intersection between engineering and data science.
- It will be your main responsibility to design and implement extensions of our data engineering architecture for improved scalability or additional features. These include data lakes, databases, and batch and streaming IoT pipelines.
- You will be running thousands of deep learning models, you’ll be working on applying industry standard monitoring tools to cope with this level of scale.
- We are relying on you for the identification of new technologies and integration them into our solutions and way of working.
- You contribute to our strategy in the area of Data Engineering.
Who you are
- You have relevant experience in data analytics platform technology like event hubs, cosmos db, serverless functions (preferably on Azure), Azure Machine Learning and containers/Kubernetes.
- You are proficient in Python, SQL, NoSQL and preferably C#.
- You are used to working in an Agile/Scrum team.
- Writing unit tests and building automated deployment pipelines are part of your default way of working.
- You have experience in Azure DevOps and CI/CD.
- Junior colleagues rely on your guidance for their professional development.
- Preferably you have one or more relevant certifications for Microsoft Azure.
- Dutch language is nice, but English is a prerequisite, since we operate in an international setting.
What we offer
- Smart, like-minded colleagues with a passion for water management.
- Flexibility in your working hours and working place. Work from home or from one of our many offices.
- An organisation where you can grow with your peers, organised in Digital Hubs (‘guilds’).
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops and boot camps.
- A diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues that want to make a positive impact together.
- A culture where celebrating team successes is the norm.
- Countless career opportunities within our international company that employs 6000 people in 140 different countries.
- A well-stocked backlog of cool user stories.
- We offer a good salary (min Euro 2.961 – max Euro 4.940, depending on seniority and years of relevant experience)
Would you like to contribute to society by applying your skills? Then this is your chance!
If you are interested, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] or apply directly online! We are always available for an informal chat, a demo or a day’s shadowing.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.