We've got a world of data at our fingertips and we want you to shape it.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, That’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
As a Data Scientist you'll have a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in large volume of data at an exciting time in our digital transformation, as we build a new Smart Data Platform on Snowflake / AWS and develop models in Databricks and Python.
Reporting into the Head of Data Science, you’ll be working as part of a larger team of Data. You'll focus on understanding and interpreting data and underlying trends to deliver the best outcomes for William Hill.
You won't be a shy, retiring wallflower. This is a high-profile role with a significant budget and close working relationships with our wider teams and you'll use your data and models to influence our next steps.
You'll scope, build and deploy models and solutions in Python; working in cross-functional squads in an agile way. Your main focus will be understanding drivers of customer value; predicting future value and using models to optimize spend and strategies. Your job will be to optimize that budget and show benefits and ROI in everything you do.
Relationship building is at the heart of your role and you will bring data and models to life for your internal stakeholders. From requirements gathering and data explorations, through to validation, deployment and measurement you’ll work with internal stakeholders including CRM, Marketing, Product and Trading to scope projects and work on all stages of modelling and analysis.
Forward thinking and pro-active in your approach, you'll be seeking an opportunity to use both your technical and your people skills, Naturally inquisitive and ready for a challenge, you’ll love exploring datasets and be excited by the prospect of working with Sports and Gaming betting data. A strong communicator, you’ll be able to convey technical ideas effectively to influence stakeholders at a senior level. You'll be a confident presenter, adept at visualization and able to partner and engage senior managers across the business to guide strategic direction.
Ideally educated to degree level in a mathematical, numerate or analytical discipline, you’ll have substantial experience in a relevant online e-commerce business dealing with large volumes of customers or transactions and comprehensive knowledge of CRM.
A strong SQL coder, you’ll be comfortable working with large datasets and you’ll be confident in extracting, manipulating and analyzing date using SQL / Python / excel. With a working knowledge and demonstrable experience of predictive modelling in a tool such as R and Python, you’ll be able to hit the ground running and deliver real value to our business You’ll be able to visualize data in charts, graphs and build compelling PowerPoint presentations.
With a track record of high performance in Data Science and a breadth of experience across relevant disciplines including CRM and analytics, you’ll be confident, pro-active and driven, eager to explore new and innovative ways to be even better at what we do.
What we offer
Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices.
- Excellent city center location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the center of Krakow next to Vistula river – we're in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us #behindthebet