Integrity Data Scientist
Reference Code: 79822
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Business Development; Facilities
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 02/19/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Facility Asset Management Data Management team is accountable for Integrated Asset Management (IAM) data. This role will support the execution of the Data Management Strategy by providing data, analytics and reporting to optimize operating procedures, processes, and maintenance strategies.
The Integrity Data Scientist role, within Facility Asset Management team, works with IS and business stakeholders to provide information, data and analytics to engineering, planning and field operations teams. Utilizing data lakes from multiple data bases, ingesting data, processing and modeling data to create useable information, reporting and analytical tools.
We have two (2) opportunities available: one junior / intermediate role and one intermediate / senior role.
What you’ll do
- Develop Data Processes in support of our Integrated Asset Management and Reliability Centered Maintenance strategies
- Engage with a broad group of stakeholders to identify data needs and support use of data with our Engineering and Field Operations teams
- Work closely with our IS team to ensure the needs of the Business Unit and Integrated Asset Management Strategy are met
- Support IS ingestion of Data into the Canada Gas Data Lake
- Model, process, combine and enrich Data within AWS Data Lake
- Clean, scrub and amalgamate data within Data Lake
- Create Power BI reporting from various sources of data
- Create various reporting and dashboards from AWS Data Lake
- Create and maintain automated data extractions and flow
- Report and present data as useable information to engineering teams, planning Teams, IAM teams and other teams within the business unit
- Train and coach business teams and stakeholders in processes, showcasing reporting and teaching end users how to navigate and use dashboards
- Work with stakeholders’ feedback to implement changes to reporting
- Support facility asset management team with processes, procedures and tools to utilize data management technologies and information
- Support centralized reporting with automated reporting
- Support projects with automated reporting and dashboards
- Support operations with automated reporting and dashboards
- Must have a relevant University degree
- Minimum 4 (four)+ years of related experience
- An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered
- Ability to research, gather, analyze and synthesize multi-source data and produce clear and precise outputs, reports, and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide and present timely and relevant feedback/reporting to various stakeholders
- Ability to exercise leadership without formal authority and work in a team environment
- Business maturity and awareness with topics and matters that are confidential and competition sensitive
- Demonstrated ability to apply new concepts, tools, and processes
- Attitude and aptitude for continuous improvement and change management coupled with a pragmatic and flexible approach to getting things done independently or in a team setting
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality, error and omission-free deliverables within tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently manage multiple and competing priorities
- Demonstrated project management skills supported by use of software applications, Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, Power Point, Project and Visio is considered an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to execute with agility and adapt to change
- Experience with AWS Platform and Quick Sight
- Experience with Power BI, Power Query and other Power Apps
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of DAX
- Working knowledge or R and Python
About our business
Our 93,330 km (57,900-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 02/19/2021 using reference code 79822. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.