The Queensland Revenue Office have two AO7 Principal Data Analyst roles available (1 permanent and 1 temporary) in the Business Intelligence branch in Analytics Division.
The Analytics Division is comprised of two core branches, Business Intelligence and the Data Centre of Excellence, which together, are responsible for supporting the integrity of the revenue system; by providing advanced data analytics and business intelligence services across QRO and external client groups.
The position is based in our Brisbane office with flexible work options available and access to professional growth pathways.
Please read the role description for more information. You can also contact Chaitali Bansal for further information on Chaitali.Bansal@treasury.qld.gov.au. We welcome questions and look forward to hearing from you.
Working in the Business Intelligence team as the AO7 Principal Data Analyst you will be part of the Analytics leadership team. The role reports to the Manager, Business Intelligence. In this role, you will lead a team of analysts, focusing on the establishment of a robust reporting framework and report development.Key Accountabilities Of The Role Include
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Lead a team of intelligence analysts in the development of highly complex business intelligence data models across a broad range of revenue, demographic and client areas.
- Use data analysis tools (e.g. SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx, SAP Analytics Cloud) to develop sophisticated and contemporary data management and analysis methodologies to enable the reliable (and repeatable) extract of data from multiple data sources, into comprehensive reports.
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of business initiatives and create reporting tools to support new processes.
- Establish and maintain documentation, including analysis methodologies, on regular reporting requirements.
- Provide a high level of service to stakeholders within agreed timeframes as well as ensuring output is presented professionally and accurately and meets the agreed requirements.
- Strategically positioning QRO to obtain, gather and use data from internal and external sources to identify and quantify risks across all revenue lines administered by QRO.
- Managing team members' performance and development, as well as mentoring and coaching staff to facilitate their continued development and the overall high performance of the unit.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and maintenance of reporting products and business intelligence dashboards (i.e., PowerBI, Alteryx, SQL, SAP Analytics cloud etc)
- Proven analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills and ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Taking ownership of your own and your team's development and growth and can apply your own knowledge.
We support a thriving and future-focused workforce which offers flexible working practices (e.g., working from home) to ensure suitable and tailored work/life balance whilst meeting organisational, community and government needs. The position is based in our Brisbane office with high quality end of trip facilities available.
Joining QRO you will have opportunities for continued learning, growth and career development. To find out more about working for QRO please see attached candidate information pack.
Queensland Treasury is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve and treating all applicants equitably. This starts with recruitment, including making reasonable adjustments to support applicants at all stages of the process. The methods used in the recruitment for a role may vary, but the sorts of processes used may include: application form, resume and cover letter, online cognitive testing, work test, written response task, assessment centre, in-person or video interview.
We welcome applicants to share with the contact officer any health condition, impairment, and/or cultural/linguistic background, so that we may make any necessary adjustments to enable you to equitably participate in the recruitment process.
If you are interested in this role - click “Apply” to be redirected to the full advertisement, including role description and contact details.
Applications may remain current for 12 months after the closing date of the vacancy and may be used to fill identical or similar roles.Job Ad Reference:
Thursday, 30 November 2023Occupational group
IT & Telecommunications