Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The massive scale and heavy engagement of the people using our products make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketers to build their brands. It also makes the platform an ideal place to conduct analyses and research to learn how to improve marketing in the new mobile world. The successful candidate will focus on investigating and understanding the current best practices for advertising on Facebook as well as inventing new strategies. The team is both theoretical and practical as we work with product engineers and with our top tier advertisers to build our understanding and to test ideas. The ideal candidate for this data science focused position will be passionate about Facebook and Instagram, and have a proven track record of analyzing and deriving insights from data. They would be intellectually curious, a great communicator, data-driven, a fast learner and able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects. Applicants should have a quantitative mindset, a strong intuition for data, and a talent for taking complex concepts and distilling them into clear accessible learnings.
- Apply analytical skills to complex quantitative problems, presenting actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Develop deep understanding of the Auction, analyze current performance by targeting and objectives
- Identify levers for improving overall results across Facebook's ads auction
- Drive learnings on campaign optimization
- Recommend product or positioning changes based on robust analysis of user and advertiser behavior
- Research applied machine learning questions in our ads system to improve advertiser value
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related STEM field
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Experience driving action based on data-driven insights
- Experience operating independently and delivering results
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment