About Gartner Digital Markets
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business comprises three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About The Role
Gartner Digital Markets is an innovative web-focused business that provides demand generation services for the software industry. We’re looking for an experienced Data Analyst with a strong technical and analytical background, to help convert our substantial data assets (spanning three websites, millions of unique visitors per month, and +40,000 listed software products) into value added offerings for our clients and consumers. As a Gartner company, Digital Markets can offer you the benefits of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of a global organization.
What You Will Do
- Lead the implementation and support of technological solutions, be responsible for the quality of the team’s technical deliverables, providing guidance and mentorship.
- Build data pipelines using scripting languages, analyze complex distributed data deployments and make recommendations to optimize performance to achieve greater scalability.
- Design and develop data platforms, development of data extracts, transformation, cleansing and integration of structured and unstructured data using a wide variety of data sources based on SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Automating processes, optimizing data delivery, document & maintain data dictionary for data from various sources to enable data democratization
- Collaborate with global team members to gather requirements, design, develop, deliver, and support analytics-based products
What You Will Need
- 3 years of experience with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Strong hands-on experience with object-oriented/scripting languages: Python highly preferred
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Snowflake is good to have.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, data models on large structured and unstructured data sets is good to have.
- Experience implementing algorithms and data structures is desired
- Familiarity with ETL tools, database performance tuning, and troubleshooting is a plus
What You Will Get
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy and more!
- India: Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What We Offer
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:74764
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.