At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We live in a new digital world with exciting new technologies and challenges. Businesses are re-evaluating the way they conduct business and undertaking strategic initiatives to enhance their operations to better serve their clients.
At EY, data science strives to implement innovative approaches to maximize harvests of strategic information, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges. We are working to integrate this capability into our full range of Consulting service offerings and help clients leverage data as an asset across all their business processes.
Our Canada Financial Crime group is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist. In the context of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing activities, the group works closely with clients to enhance their ability to use and interpret data. This provides better support for decision making, and better positioning to meet regulatory obligations. Our attentiveness and closer focus on details give clients an accurate overview and a better understanding of their risks.
The Financial Crime group provides innovative approaches that enable effective, documented and sustainable implementation of projects of high importance to our clients. We are working to integrate this expertise into our Consulting services, as well as all our internal projects, to leverage data as an asset across all business processes.
The Financial Crime group offers expertise and services across four core areas of competency:
- Data Management and Integration: providing the foundational layers for enterprise data accessibility, covering data sourcing and integration, data warehouse and modelling, master data management and data rationalisation and migration.
- Data Quality and Governance: developing an organisation that treats data as a critical enterprise asset and sources quality data for business use and regulatory compliance. This includes examining the fitness for purpose of data for specific business needs, data remediation, and the strategy, roles, policies and processes to effectively manage data through its lifecycle.
- Reporting design, architecture and implementation of enterprise reporting solutions: This includes the end-to-end reporting lifecycle across advisory and strategy, identifying compliance reporting trouble spots and delivering achievable roadmaps, design and implementation.
- Analytics: covers operational analytics, predictive analytics, industry models and analytics enablement, and provides actionable enterprise insight and delivers value from an enterprises data.
- Data science is expected to be a key driver for growth in the coming years.
As a Senior, you will apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues across different functions. We succeed when we combine high performing team members from a variety of backgrounds. We will provide the required support to transition into the team if this is your first step into consultancy.
Specifically, these responsibilities will be assigned to you:
- Analyze, manipulate, structure, validate and transform various data sources
- Produce and document analyses of various data sources
- Act as a consultant for the implementation of specialized internal data processing solutions
- Act as a consultant for the configuration of various anti-money laundering and financial crime software
- Develop filter optimization algorithms to enforce international sanctions
- Participate in client engagements and various internal projects
Skills & attributes for success
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly (spoken and written)
- Ability to provide excellent client service and manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to be self-sufficient within large companies (financial institutions, specifically)
- Be versatile, rigorous and curious
- Enjoy teamwork
- Have 5-10 years’ experience in data analysis
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, data science, informatics, operations research, engineering or a related field and approximately3-5 years’ experience in related field. Master’s degree is an asset.
- Programming skills in SQL (e.g., PLSQL / T-SQL)
- Proven experience and knowledge of the following tools: Python (Pandas, Numpy, TensorFlow, Scipy), SQL Server, SAS, Power BI
- Experience in Data analysis/Predictive analytics/Segmentation/Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Demonstrated strong technical problem-solving abilities as well as clear proficiency in handling computer hardware, software and networks
- Knowledge of French and English (bilingual)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Consulting experience
- Experience in other DB technology (e.g.. Teradata, Oracle)
- Experience in other leading ETL packages (e.g. Informatica, DataStage)
- Programming experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps
- Experience in Anti-money laundering/terrorist financing activities
- Experience in Fraud
- Experience in Risk Management
- Experience in Business Intelligence
- Experience in Solution Architecture
- Experience in Cyber Security
- Experience in Business analysis/systems
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Consulting space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.