HarperCollins is seeking an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join their centralized Data Management team, which encompasses an enterprise-wide scope in terms of managing, surfacing, and controlling corporate data assets and providing technical support for data access, data definition and data management. This role will focus on implementations of cloud native workloads.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Data Engineering, working closely with the PMO and business teams. They will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the data and bug control, and for managing relationships with key stakeholders, understanding their needs and priorities, and providing solutions to meet their data management requirements.
- Codes and analyzes SQL server objects on premises to support software applications and data warehousing/analysis.
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager and contracted resources to plan, design, execute, and support strategies for deploying and managing these workloads on a cloud data stack (Azure).
- Works with business stakeholders, analysts, subject matter experts, product owners, and other PMO partners to develop data migration plans, administer data management procedures, and resolve daily operational production issues.
- Works closely with other data engineers to optimize databases/data lakes and improve query performance.
- Significant demonstrated experience (5+ years) with T-SQL and SQL Server/SSIS (2016+) internals. Experience (2+ years) in implementing complex big data processing and ETL using Apache Spark
- Expertise in T-SQL database programming, including the ability to analyze/create/debug views, functions, triggers, and stored procedures. Preferred experience with Azure Synapse analytics T-SQL leveraging Azure Data Lake Storage and SQL pools
- Expertise in using ETL tooling such as SSIS/SSMS, Azure Data Factory, and/or Azure Synapse for data extraction, manipulation, and transformation
- Proficiency in Python programming language and its data libraries such as pandas and polars.
- Familiarity with big data processing through Apache Spark technologies like Pyspark and SparkSQL
- Technical fluency in all phases of the data management lifecycle, with a strong understanding of data lake house, data lakes, analysis, and data modeling/architecture
- Exposure to various CI/CD patterns using Git/Azure Devops
- Experience managing a team of junior developers with strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with BI environment using SSRS/SSAS Cubes and Power BI
- Demonstrated ability to ensure data quality and bug control
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred
The salary range for this position is $115,000-$130,000. We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including elective benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.