Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our deep learning systems push advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self driving cars, and much more. Our customers include Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and the Department of Defense.
Our Machine Learning team's mission is to bring world-class ML expertise to our products and services. The team plays a significant role in Lambda’s consultancy arm, a group of engineers and researchers with deep experience in machine learning, software engineering, and computing infrastructure. We work innovatively on exciting new technologies to keep our products and our customers ahead of the competition.
About the Role
The team is hiring a machine learning engineer to apply and innovate state-of-the-art ML methods in real-world Visual Effects (VFX) applications. In this role, you will be leading the back-end stack for the project: collaborate with VFX artists, ML researchers, and engineers to convert prototypes into easy to use, maintainable, and scalable ML solutions.
This position calls for a highly organized self-starter with a passion for bringing complex ML prototypes into production. You are expected to have a solid background in software engineering and machine learning, with strong motivation to work in a collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do
- Work on projects that have lots of fun and high media exposure.
- Bring valuable ML insights to our sales process, system design, and customer support.
- Convert research prototypes into easy to use, maintainable, and scalable ML solutions.
- Communicate with users, ML researchers, and engineers regularly. Listen to their requirements and evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision.
- Support all phases of the ML modeling cycle, from data gathering, model training and evaluating, postprocessing and troubleshooting, setting up large-scale ML pipelines, deployment to production, monitoring, and analysis.
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality.
Experience that’s great to have
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in EECS or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Highly effective team collaborator and strong communication skills.
- Extremely proficient in python and major ML frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Strong understanding of image formats, image processing techniques, computer vision techniques.
- Significant experience in planning, leading, and carrying out the productionization of very complex ML code.
- Significant experience in leading the delivery of a high-impact software/ML project from inception to production.
- Able to prioritize duties and work well on your own.
- Strong understanding of machine learning approaches.
- Comfortable working in a command line interface.
Nice to Have
- Proven track record of implementing ML models from scratch, or having made significant contributions to popular open-source ML projects.
- Experience with optimizing ML code for better training and inference throughput.
- Experience with GPU acceleration (i.e., CUDA and cuDNN)
- Experience with SLURM, Kubernetes, or other job scheduling systems
- Experience with distributed machine learning code and ML Ops platforms.
- Experience with front-end development.
- Experience with application devops / system administration.
- Past experience as a consultant.
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation.
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability.
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS ,ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 30, and growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- 3 weeks Annual Paid Time Off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.