A Bit About Us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
The goal of our Advanced Risk team is to challenge conventional wisdom about risk management for sports betting operators. Using new measures of liability that take account of correlations between different markets on an event, and by monitoring betting patterns from the moment an event is opened for betting, we apply margins asymmetrically in a way that helps operators to make higher profit margins, reduce volatility and improve customer experience with greater uptime and fewer rejected bets.
Our software enables a level of flexibility and closer control, closer reminiscent of the earlier days of sports betting, before increased events and required automation removed that possibility.
At Genius Sports we are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our growing data science teams. These teams will play major role in developing and implementing predictive models for sporting events across all major sporting codes. The predictive models you create will feed all our in house products and are critical to achieving our business goals. Our Sports modeling teams work in a multidisciplinary team combining machine learning specialists and software engineers to deliver the key product outcomes. These teams have the skill set and autonomy to solve the business problems the way they see fit.THE ROLE
Are you interested in being a member of a command-style team, without hierarchies, where you are permanently listened to, teach and learn, apply cutting-edge machine learning techniques that have to respond in real-time at massive scales (1,000,000 req / s)? Are you a team player (not a free electron or a dictator)? Do you want to become (or already are) a polyglot in programming languages, algorithms and data structures, distributed systems, and DevOps? If you identify with this model and work area, then we invite you to apply.Duties And Responsibilities
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU HAVE?
- Design, prototype, implement, evaluate and optimize machine learning algorithms to predict/estimate the outcome probabilities of sport events
- Maintain best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation and coding standards
- Contribute to technical and product discussions, and share knowledge and ideas with colleagues across the company
Additional Desirable Skills
- You will have strong industry experience in model development, covering the full life-cycle from creation to deployment (Gitlab, AWS, Docker)
- You will have experience with real-time systems and/or high-performance computing
- You will have a Bachelor’s, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Machine Learning or related STEM fields
- You will have expert knowledge of CS fundamentals (data structures and algorithms )
- You will have expert knowledge of probability and statistics fundamentals
- You will have proficiency with Python, or other scripting languages (R, Matlab, etc)
- You will have experience with common machine learning algorithms (Neural Networks, logistic regression, random forest, XGBoost, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- You will have proficiency with Golang or/and C++
- You will have a passion for sports and knowledge of the rules
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.How We Work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses. Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.