We are on an exciting journey building a digital environment for the Knauf Group that is as groundbreaking as our products for the construction industry. If you are looking for a global impact that is shaped by values such as entrepreneurship, commitment, partnership and Menschlichkeit, the position of (Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/d) could be the ideal challenge for you.
As a (Senior) Data Engineer in the Knauf IT Data Science & Engineering team, you will be part of a young, motivated and innovation-driven team. You will mostly use data from Knauf factories all around the world to derive value for the production process. You will support Knauf in the transformation to a data-driven organization through implementing high-quality data pipelines of manufacturing data for subsequent analysis to drive insights for the business.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- You will design, develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and infrastructure for manufacturing data use cases
- You will improve quality of manufacturing data through complex analytical data processing, develop and implement data validation and data governance processes
- You will use the Azure cloud environment to develop and implement Data Engineering solutions (Azure Machine Learning, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions)
- You will develop and maintain data models and metadata documentation that enable efficient storage, retrieval, and processing of data
- You accompany the business stakeholders from the idea to the customized solution to operation and further development
- You will be the contact person in your area of expertise and design solutions together with an interdisciplinary team of domain experts, cloud developers, devops engineers and data scientists.
What we offer
- You have completed a bachlelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or comparable qualification (PhD is a plus)
- You have an analytical mindset and problem-solving skills and are passionate to solve business problems using data
- You ideally have several years of professional experience in processing large and complex datasets using data pipelines (ETL/ELT) and respective workflow
- You have been programming in for several years (ideally Python), you have worked with git and ideally know about Docker
- You ideally have experience with cloud computing platforms, APIs and build- and deployment processes
- You have strong visualization and communication skills to show and discuss your results with business partners on beginner and expert level
- An open, dynamic corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Independent work with creative freedom
- A great multicultural team that jointly shapes our Global IT Transformation
- Continuous individual training and further education
- An open exchange of knowledge within the IT community
- A wide time window for flexible working, including weekly home office days
- A brand new, state-of-the-art loft office
- Relocation & visa support
If you are looking for a variety of challenging tasks with global reach and family atmosphere, then you are most welcome at Knauf IT!Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 40,000 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 12,6 billion euros. The foundation of our success as family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. Knauf IT, headquartered in Kitzingen, Germany, is an important driver of the global growth and digital transformation of the Knauf Group. 500 experts are supporting colleagues and customers with modern IT solutions and services.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, origin, religion, etc.