In 2023, we are growing our teams and are on the lookout for Data Engineers to join us. We are located in Stockholm and Helsinki and offer a flexible hybrid-remote working model.
Combient Mix works with some of the largest companies in Sweden and Finland that span a wide range of industries. You will have a great opportunity to be part of forming and developing the future of Combient Mix and the relationships with our client companies.
What you will do
You will build data-driven solutions to transform how the industry operates and take on complex data-related problems using state-of-the-art data processing technology and some of the most diverse datasets available.
Our Data Engineers typically have a broad set of technical skills including a deep knowledge of SQL database design, multiple programming languages, container technologies and a love of well-formed, structured data files.
A Combient Mix Data Engineer is well versed in the more traditional aspects of the work, but we expect you to be just as familiar with more recent developments. In short, we expect you to be just as happy building an ETL pipeline for a data warehouse as you are serving machine learning models to real-time recommendation systems. Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform are familiar to you.
Additionally, you will contribute with learning and mentoring in Combient Mix' learning and enablement programs offered to customers. You will be a key part of a mission that enables thousands of qualified employees to use machine learning and advanced analytics across the Combient Mix customer network.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks and tools such as Spark, Ray, Databricks or even Pandas and Polars.
- Knowledge of the underlying services of different cloud platforms so you can jump between different providers, set up and use the best services for the task at hand.
- Build, deploy and operate machine learning algorithms and data engineering into production use.
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to advise on data platforms, architecture and end-to-end solutions.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Contribute and continue to develop the existing learning and enablement programs, but also build and coach new enablement modules.
- Give lectures (mostly online) and provide mentorship within the Enablement programs.
- Collaborate with other engineers, Data Scientists and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
Who you are
It's a Bonus If You Have
- Good team player, driving collaboration and sharing best practices.
- You have good communication skills and business understanding and can translate requirements into end-to-end solutions, data architectures and concrete engineering tasks.
- You have solid coding experience in Python and know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop and Apache Spark.
- Extensive experience working with data ingestion, data modelling, data storage and processing in cloud technologies, such as Azure, GCP or AWS
- Experience in working with large data sets, big data pipelines and managing data flows from multiple sources.
- A profound understanding of and experience in agile software development
- You care about high-quality and maintainable code and want to have diversity in the kind of problems you solve.
- Be confident in running workshops and/ or presentations; internally and externally, on customer projects and in enablement programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Swedish or Finnish would also be beneficial in some of the customer projects.
- Experience with consultancy or similar customer-interfacing roles.
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow
- Experience with analytics tools such as Power BI or Tableau
What we offer
We offer you to join a fast-moving, ever-growing team consisting of 40+ talented data scientists, machine learning engineers, and data engineers with deep and diverse skill sets. Our team consists of around 15 different nationalities, and our diversity, our mix is what we believe builds our strong foundation and our success.
You will have the opportunity to further develop your expertise among a highly skilled team, through individual development and internal learning events. Mix has close ties to academic research and access to a unique industrial network composed of some of the major Swedish and Finnish industries that are committed to facing the AI transition together.
- The experience of being a part of the digitalization journey for an international network consisting of 32 of the largest companies in the Nordics.
- To join a highly dedicated and diverse team with immense knowledge and experience from AI and Data related fields.
- An open company culture where you have the room to seize your potential and release your creativity.
- A flexible working environment with an opportunity to work in our new, large and open premises in the heart of Stockholm. An office that encourages collaboration and creativity.
- Market competitive pension and insurance package.
- Attractive compensation package.