The department is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to work as part of a project team for the delivery of the Data Management and Analytics Platform project. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders, business subject matter experts, technical architects, cloud engineers and developers as part of the project, to deliver the agreed project outcomes. The project will comprise of implementing an enhanced data management and analytics platform to facilitate data warehousing capabilities, reporting, data analysis, storing transactional data and archiving of required data.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Be able to analyse and review datasets and prepare a current state analysis
- Be proficient with using Excel to store and analyse data, including formulas and data manipulation
- Develop and contribute to ongoing project reporting requirements
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis as part of the design process
- Develop and maintain relevant project and design documentation
- Oversee and validate data and reports for consistency
- Be able to apply judgement and critical thinking skills to problem solve
- Have demonstrated government sector experience, including working in small teams
Skills / Experience:
- You will have proven skills and experience in Financial Management to meet business requirements.
- You should have experience in Financial management and costing in particular involvement in delivering high level and detailed financial reports.
- You should have excellent analytical skills, show initiative and be outcome focused.
- You must be able to build strong working relationships with diverse stakeholders, be an effective team player and make positive contributions.
- Proven ability to engage and work with a diverse range of stakeholders including working collaboratively as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relevant project and design documentation such as dataset catalogs, source to target mappings, use cases and conceptual data models.
- Experience with working in project teams delivering solutions using a data warehouse platform and processes.
Australian Citizenship required / Baseline Clearance preferred
To be considered for these roles, respond to this advertisement or contact ARNOLD at AUREC on 02 5109 0921