The Lead Data Scientist will support FIRST’s vision to be one of the market leaders in data and insights within the event sector. We are aiming to expand on our current proposition to further support our clients and customers at a strategic level. Through the combination of consultancy, benchmarking, qualitative and quantitative measurement methodologies, analysis, segmentation and profiling we are aiming to provide customers with action orientated insights to improve their programmes and the Lead Data Scientist will be at the forefront in setting us up for success in this area.
Furthermore, to support the improvement of FIRST as a business, the role will have an internal focus including a deep technical knowledge of all our business systems and data structure. This will enable us to analyse data from multiple sources to get the insights we need as a business to monitor performance and improve.
Therefore, the Lead Data Scientist will also be the lynchpin and architect between the data and insights function and the commercial and finance department, ensuring information is at hand to enable them to make informed business decisions.
The Lead Data Scientist will be also responsible for supporting the growth and professional development of the team of data analysts under their authority.
- Support the external facing proposition to help deliver insights to our customers including; trends analysis, modelling, customer experience analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and segmentation
- Ensure the team meet our contracted client reporting needs, but seek to optimise and maximise efficiency in these engagements
- Work directly with clients to guide their data strategy
- Manage D&I team and ensure the team are motivated, rewarded and performing at an optimal level
- Work to identify the correct tools and techniques to support the department and future growth. For example, this may include recommending qualitative and quantitative measurement methodologies, as well as applications to analyse data such as SPSS, PowerBI, Python and Tableau
- Lead the project to map out and join our internal data sources to make better informed business decisions, with the goal of a single source of truth
- Be the main knowledge holder and technical architect of the data structure of our business systems
- Work closely with key stakeholders (Commercials, P&C, Finance and IT) to identify D&I needs and suggest ways insights can be delivered
- Support the department lead with relevant reporting to the Executive Leadership Team
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Machine Learning, Computer Science etc.
- A background in data science; data engineering, machine learning and AI, ideally within a marketing environment
- Strong programming experience
- Ability to gather and scope requirements for a variety of analytical projects
- Ability to engage with senior level stakeholders, both internally and externally and operate at a senior level on projects
- Ideally skills in leading teams, but this is NOT essential
- Extensive experience of using and/or deploying data visualization tools.
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build excellent relationship with the team through positive communications and foster a positive working environment
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work on ad hoc requests from clients as required
- Manage and keep up to date team holiday and absences