DATA ANALYST – Tribe Know Your Customer – Brussels
Your role & work environment
Money laundering, Tax evasion, Financial & Economic Crime (FEC) as a whole is affecting directly our economy & social welfare, by distorting prices, stimulating (cyber)crime, diverting resources to sterile sectors, weakening economic & social policies... Huge amounts of dirty money are still circling around us, and criminals are looking for any opportunity to recycle the profits of their crimes through the financial sector.
ING plays a key role in the fight against FEC. Because we are a top European bank, and we are expected to play a leading role. Because we want to fight efficiently the financial crime to support our purpose to empower honest people to stay a step ahead in life & business.
As a data analyst at KYC, you can make the difference for the bank ensure that ING remains a safe bank by providing analytical insights and building capabilities to enable access to relevant data & reporting required for decision making process.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a KYC data analyst, you will:
- Provide in-depth analytical insights into customer profile & behavior
- Help build and improve features to detect suspicious transactional patterns
- Develop reporting & dashboards to support the decisioning process of KYC Experts & Senior Management
- Help increase effectiveness and improve customer experience by supporting the digitalization of KYC process
- Help ensure the bank remains compliant by providing a view on completeness and quality of our customer data
- Build key KYC performance metrics to support the tribe operations and its regulatory reporting obligations
You Will Achieve These By
- Translating the business needs into an analytical request:
- Hereby you will be discussing and challenging the needs and requirements of your stakeholders.
- In parallel, you take a step further in thinking in terms of the feasibility of the analysis, setting realistic timelines, and cross-checking the data needs and availabilities.
- Based on this, you define a suitable approach and solution that fits the needs. These you communicate in a clear and transparent way to your stakeholders.
- Go over to the execution phase, this by applying some advanced analytical skills, capabilities and techniques, some examples are:
- Getting to know all the data available, the different tools to query, visualize and analyze this data
- Executing an in-depth analysis on our customer data base to come up with answers to some specific questions or needs from the business
- Create some advances ad-hoc reporting for specific needs, using tools like Cognos
- After the analytical quest you communicate your insights and recommendations in an appropriate way to the stakeholders:
- This by applying the right visualization techniques.
- Adapting your storyline and message to the needs and context of your stakeholders.
- Communicating clear and on a convincing way your recommendations and next steps; while keeping aspects of GDPR, data sensitivity and confidentiality into account.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen,
enthusiasm for helping others to be successful
and a knack for always being a step ahead
. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Data Analyst, you will also need to have following qualifications and competences:
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or alike, and/or equivalent experience of 3 years
- 3 years relevant experience in data analytics
- Experience in SQL is a must
- Experience with Python and tools such as SAS, Cognos are a plus; an interest in these tools is a must
- Experience in regulatory, KYC or fraud domains is a plus
- Be a team player
- Be analytical: extremely curious, constantly looking for an explanation; analyzing sharply, concise & to the point
- Take ownership on tasks assigned: you will be cultivating analytics within the bank
- Be able to influence and convince not only peers but also the stakeholders based on analytical results
- Fluent in English
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, Within The Digital And Customer Interactions Tribe As a Data Analyst, You Can Count On a Range Of Opportunities To Invest In Your Personal And Professional Growth With
- Ample opportunities to participate in courses and trainings within the analytical domain
- Challenging, strategic and highly visible projects to support or take the lead in
- Personal coaching through our agile structure by the help of Agile coaches and Chapter leads
- An environment that stimulates continuous learning and improvement, and the possibility to experience over time multiple different aspects within data analytics
We redefine banking. What about you?
We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology, and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!