Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Are you looking to work with one of the coolest technology companies in the region? Keen to be part of this growth journey with a bunch of amazing people? Then Pelago is the place for you!
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Data Scientist who is excited about staying on the cutting edge of Technology and always keen on learning new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
WHO ARE WE?
Pelago is an Itinerary focused Travel Marketplace that makes every aspect of a Trip - from Discovery & Organising to Booking & Experiencing - easy, fun and personalised!
Backed by Singapore Airlines, the company is scaling fast to multiple markets across SEAA and well-positioned to disrupt the $250 Billion travel experiences industry.
We are a team of diverse, passionate, empowered, inclusive, authentic and open individuals who share the same values and strive towards a common goal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of building innovative products that deliver real value to travellers.
- Platforms to solve real customer problems concerning travel planning & booking with innovative products/services.
- An amazing peer group to work with, and ability to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
- An opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the company’s growth and culture with a diverse, fun, and dynamic environment with colleagues from different parts of the world.
- Competitive compensation and benefits - including work flexibility, insurance, and more!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- As a Data Scientist at Pelago, you will contribute in our exciting projects in the following ways:
- Primarily work to improve discovery of products on Pelago - a marketplace for tours, attractions, activities, and experiences.
- Build recommendation engines to enable our customers to find the most relevant products
- Improve search experience for our customers
- Process real time click-stream data using Kafka
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning models with milli-second latency.
Review live performance of the model and keep iterating the model.
- Work closely with the rest of Engineering and Product team to collaborate on new features
WHAT EXPERTISE YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s/ PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, with research experience in ML/AI
- 3+ years of relevant experience building and deploying machine learning models
- High level of proficiency in Python and able to produce production-ready code
- Strong foundations in math and statistics
- Strong foundations with basic machine learning algorithms - linear regression, decision trees, ensemble models
- Prior experience with machine learning problems related Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Prior experience with recommendation systems and/or search engine optimization
- Experience with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Ability to query data from relational and non-relational databases using SQL
- Experience in one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Strong communication skills to make complex ML/AI concepts understandable to different streams in the team
If you’re as excited as we are on this journey, do apply directly with a copy of your full resume and portfolio (if any). We'll reach out to you as soon as we can!
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org