Lead Data Engineer
A growing financial business based in Manchester City Centre are currently looking for a Lead Data Engineer to spearhead the organisations migration to new, contemporary data architecture. The Lead Data engineer will have full autonomy regarding the tech stack to utilise, with the aim of bringing in cloud software to host their data warehouse whilst also using a modern data visualisation tool for reporting purposes.
The current data systems are relatively antiquated at the minute, mainly using SQL Server, Crystal Reports and SSIS – with the current team sitting across infrastructure and development. The Lead Data Engineer will have responsibility for further growing and developing the team – with the objective to create an architecture of implementation to improve the current data warehouse and reporting systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Engineer wanting to make the next step in their career and lead a function – no prior management experience is necessary however a solid grounding in tech is essential.
The Lead Data Engineer will have the following experience:
- A minimum of 4 years in a Data Engineering / BI Development role
- A solid grounding in the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience in datawarehouse development and maintenance
- Prior experience working with data visualisation tools i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Looker
- Experience working with cloud-hosted infrastructure (Azure, AWS)
- Excellent communication skills
The role is offering a salary of up to £70,000 in addition to a strong benefits package and the option of hybrid working.
Apply today to register your interest
Please note: Candidates must be based in the UK and of relative locality to Manchester City Centre