Flipp is a retail technology company that is reinventing the way people shop. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next-generation digital shopping marketplace.
We're looking to leverage our partnerships with retailers and CPGs to create new and unique digital marketing campaigns that are able to break free from the common limitations of what is broadly available. We can do this because we also have direct relationships with publishers, and can leverage extensive local deals and data to create innovative shopper experiences. We’re looking for an experienced technical leader with expertise in designing data systems to lead and drive the technical vision of our data solutions, an individual who has a deep understanding of different data stacks, and experience translating billions of data points into valuable insights and crafting a technical roadmap for the teams.
We're looking for an individual with experience developing batch and real-time data systems and a passion for data warehousing and governance. As the Staff Data Engineer, you will work closely with data engineering teams to unlock the value of Flipp’s Audience and Content data capabilities.You'll Get The Opportunity To
What You'll Need
- Research future technical direction and recommend capability direction, then lead change across teams. Identify future trends, and direct which technologies the team should be investing in supporting
- Design data architecture implementations; guide the senior data engineers on each team to have high-quality designs
- Advise, counsel, and review the direction of team engineering implementations so that they have high-quality approaches and implementations, and we have a unified approach to development
- Implement data engineering systems to assist specific teams or solve cross-team problems when necessary implementations are too challenging for a team in the given timelines, or have a wide impact and require a higher quality bar.
Here’s How We Work
- 10+ years in Software Development with a focus on data engineering and data systems. 5+ years working in Big data systems as a Senior Data Engineer.
- Tech leadership with all aspects of the software development lifecycle from design, and creation to maintenance and iteration
- Experience architecting data lake solutions, data warehousing, and batch and real-time data processing pipelines.
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.Here’s How To Apply
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.