About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are looking for a Data Scientist with strong data and analytical skills, you will be tasked with managing all aspects any new work/project assessments thoroughly from inception to delivery. You will need to build close working relationships with COO business and CDO in order to gather specific modelling requirements and define and scope the work. In addition, as Data Scientist you will also work closely with internal staff, clients and 3rd parties.
Delivering, building and maintaining the Data Driven solutions that are core to Group Operations strategy.
- Design Machine Learning, Natural Language and Decision Optimisation applications architecture.
- Design ML, NLP and DO models, algorithms for predictive & prescriptive analytics.
- Translate business requirements to reporting dashboard and analytics.
- Perform advanced analytics and statistical modelling on structured and unstructured data.
- Work with software engineers to integrate and deploy AI applications.
- Assist in the creation of data definitions for new database file/table development and/or changes to existing ones as needed for analysis.
- Support the business with clear and insightful analysis applying advanced modelling techniques leveraging the data at hand
Respond to and resolve data mining performance issues. Monitor data mining system performance and implement efficiency improvements.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Adhere to current data related policies and standards.
- Be up to date with all relevant mandatory internal trainings.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Not applicable to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
COO Business, CDO, internal staff, clients and 3rd parties
- 0-2 years of experience in the data science field.
- Preferably higher education in one of the following fields: Math / Quantitative Methods / Econometrics / Information Systems, Physics.
- Experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Python or R.
- Knowledge in statistics, classification, regression and preferably in any of the following data science related areas: econometrics, dimensionality reduction, segmentation methods, time-series analysis.
- Basic knowledge of building statistical / machine learning models.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Skills in data visualisation.
- Problem solving skills, analytical thinking & critical thinking approach.
- Willingness to learn new skills and tools.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.