Data Analyst Lead will act as a critical member of Smiths team that helps not only tell the story with our current employee data, but also work on special projects to model. Will lead the effort to build innovative and creative HR Data technology solutions, analytics, service delivery, and processes to support us now and into the foreseeable future.Duties & Responsibilities
Diversity & Inclusion
- Passionate about design, analysis, and solving challenging business programs
- Lead Data Analysts to perform their job which is aligned to the business need
- Design and build the HR Analytics team ensuring high quality data, consistent reporting and seamless programs
- Optimize and elevate quality, efficiency, performance and scalability of HR systems, processes, and teams that reflect our culture, aligns with our desired employee experience, while being compliant, efficient, and scalable.
- Establish, manage and evolve the company's HR data reporting process, support senior management in developing and achieving the organisations strategic plan as well as the development and delivery of the reporting and analysis capability including dashboards, BI and analytical tools
- Oversee the development and use of data systems, driving the adoption of a centralised standard of HR analytics solutions across Smiths Group and its divisions, actively promoting the D&A team and their capabilities
- Solutioning innovative ways to organise, store and analyse data with attention to security and confidentiality promoting the capability of the “Data Analytical Team”
- Provide leadership on the implementation of security & authorisations best practice for accessing analytic data sets within Azure.
- Support the running of Data Governance meetings to meet company goals, objectives.
- Investigate possible methods of improving and/ or increasing the automation of the reporting process.
- Work with other teams to enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytical capability.
- Understand and reconcile gaps, overlaps and any apparent contradictions among and within data, reports and reporting tools.
- Work with HR Service Centers and Divisional HR Business Partners to ensure quality of data is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Support various data collection, transfers, modification and uploads to enable Smiths systems proper functionality – eg. Applicant Tracking System, Surveys Operating System, Case Management System (the list is not exhaustive and may change as we deploy more HR Technology).
- Manage and escalate issues and risks to effective analysis and reporting.
- Participate in evaluating new technologies, to ensure the advancement of technology meets the analytical needs of the business.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.The Individual
- 5 to 7 years of experience working with as HR Data Business Analyst in Core Business
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in implementing HR Dashboards through various tools like Power BI etc.
- Analyze data to track and report on performance of our HR team against our internal and external goals
- Experience with Excel (e.g. formulas, charting, etc.)
- Experience manipulating large data sets through statistical software or other methods
- Advanced reporting and analytical skills, ability to quickly and efficiently manipulate and present data.
- Data and analytics experience with enterprise level IT systems i.e. SAP, Oracle.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Like Tableau/Power BI) will be an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to produce and present data to a high standard.
- Ability to work with challenging and disparate data sources.
- Ability to manage own workload, work under pressure and to tight deadlines, without affecting quality of delivery.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- High professional standards for work quality and confidentiality.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.About Smiths Group
Smiths Group plc is a global entity with 5 distinct trading Divisions. Smiths Business Information Services, commonly known as BIS, is Smiths Group's internal IT organisation, supporting the Group's business divisions and corporate centre. Key priorities include delivery of all day to day IT services, development of new IT solutions and services and helping colleagues protect the company’s information assets.
Job Reference: GROUPAPAC00117