eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY), a global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, and KnownOrigin, one of the most innovative non-fungible token (NFT) marketplaces, announced in June 2022 that eBay has acquired KnownOrigin.
KnownOrigin’s technology and platform provides artists a place to create unique, authentic, digital collectables, in the form of NFTs. This acquisition is an important step in eBay’s tech-led reimagination, ushering in a new era of digital collecting to the world’s top destination for collectables. KnownOrigin, which was founded in 2018 in Manchester, UK, enables artists and collectors to create, buy and resell NFTs via blockchain-support transactions. Since its founding, KnownOrigin has seen significant growth as it has revolutionised the way people create, buy, and sell NFTs.
Based in the heart of Manchester city centre, this newly created hybrid role will work as part of a team in a dynamic and fast paced environment and be responsible for engineering and delivering solutions which are capable of onboarding millions of users into the web 3.0 space. As our first Data Engineer, this opening will advocate for standard processes, modern, agile software engineering practices and technologies
- Design, implement, and maintain data processing pipelines to aggregate, clean, and process large volumes of blockchain data
- Develop and optimise data models, algorithms, and indexing techniques to enable efficient querying and analysis of blockchain data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and deliver relevant and actionable insights
- Ensure data quality, integrity, and security by implementing appropriate data validation, storage, and access controls
- Monitor and troubleshoot data processing systems to maintain optimal performance, identify areas for improvement, and recommend enhancements
- Document data processing procedures, architecture, and best practices to foster knowledge sharing within the organisation
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, tools, and technologies in the blockchain and data processing domains to drive innovation and continuous improvement
You will need to have..
- Proven experience in data processing, data engineering, or a similar role
- Experience with data processing frameworks and tools
- Ability to steer architectural design and decision making for a squad and wider company when needed
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies, data structures, and consensus algorithms
- Knowledge of database systems, both relational (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, with the capacity to work well both independently and in a team setting
And you may also have experience in..
- Experience working with blockchain data and APIs, such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, or other major blockchain platforms
- Familiarity with cloud-based data processing platforms and services, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
If you are a motivated and skilled individual passionate about shaping the future of blockchain technology, we invite you to submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant portfolio or GitHub links to [email address]. We look forward to reviewing your application and exploring the opportunity to welcome you to our team.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as Remote - United States (Excludes: HI, NM) excludes residents of Hawaii and New Mexico.