We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer
for a leading IT consulting client in Sydney. Our client is a dynamic and growing consulting firm with a focus on delivering innovative digital solutions to leading banks, ASX-listed companies, and government agencies.
This is a dual role that combines client delivery and internal practice development responsibilities.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work closely with on projects to design, build, and maintain data pipelines and infrastructure. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading internal initiatives to develop and improve our data engineering practice.Some Of The Key Responsibilities Are To
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and infrastructure for clients
- Work with clients to identify areas for improvement and provide data-driven solutions
- Lead internal initiatives to develop and improve our data engineering practice
- Mentor and train junior data engineers
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of data engineering methods and techniques
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role, with at least 2 years in a lead or management role
- Strong understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and big data technologies
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with data pipeline and data integration tools such as Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka, or AWS Glue
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a consulting firm or with large enterprise clients is highly desirable
- Our emphasis on People Culture, including training
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and development within the company. If you are passionate about data engineering and are looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a leading consulting firm, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.