- Serve as an interface with a sub-group within a business unit or a GIS Domain area for purpose of business and Business intelligence, big data and AI/ML technology strategy alignment, solution discovery, service management, project portfolio mgmt.
- Analyzes business requirements and/or issues, converts analysis to functional and technical specifications, and assits in the design and technical development of complex Business intelligence, big data and AI/ML application and platform solutions to meet business requirements. Perform and document application and platform configuration, prepare and execute test scenarios and scripts (unit, integration, performance, regression, acceptance) and data integration. May participate in new technology evaluations.
- Provides business Intelligence, big data and AI/ML application and platform support services to meet performance, availability, customer service level agreement, and customer satisfaction targets. Monitors specific IT systems or set of systems for availability, performance and capabilities and reports anomalies through predefined process. Oversees and/or completes root cause analysis and resolution of complex outages or incident trends working with infrastructure and technical teams, support providers and application vendors. Recommends and executes required corrective actions. Participate in evaluation and recommendation of patches, point releases, major upgrades and new systems.
- Adheres to and guides junior staff and contingent workers to adhere to GIS project management, software application development, testing, service management, change management, RCA and other relevant processes, standards, governance and controls. May manage execution of sox contols and testing, and support internal and external audits.
- Plan and manage small to medium size Business intelligence, Big Data or AI/ML application or platform projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality. May serve as a Business Intelligence, Big Data, or AI/ML team lead on a medium to large cross functional application process.
- Oversees/manages contingent workers performing Business Intelligence, Big Data and AI/ML project and/or support services. Responsible for the selection, onboarding and offboarding of contingent workers in a timely manner. Manges contingent worker project/task assignments and ensure work product quality. Approves contingent worker timesheets/cost.
- Programming skills:- Python (with working experience in most of common libraries like Scikit , numpy, pandas, mathplotlib, keras, tensorflow /pytorch, nltk, genism, spacy etc)
- Good knowledge in statistics and math in deep understanding on ML algorithms and their usage
- Working experience in end to end data science project life cycles from use case framing, data collection, data exploration, model building, deployment
- Working experience in most of the common Machine Learning techniques related to Time series, Regression, Classification, Clustering, NLP, working with IoT data
- Working Knowledge in Deep learning with different NN architectures like CNN, RNN, LSTM, RCNNs, GANs, Transformers, VAE etc with strong hold on Pytorch or Tensrflow libraries.
- Knowledge of visualization tools like tableau and cloudera libraries to effectively communicate the results/inferences derived out of data science models
- Good to have working exposure in common cloud environments and understanding of robust on premise data science infrastructure.
- Nice to have understanding of big data related technologies, MLOps and AWS/Azure cloud.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.