SANTANDER CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING is looking for a SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST, based in Boadilla del Monte office.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander (www.santander.com) we embrace this change.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper. You can click here Why Santander to watch a short clip and learn why banking is still exciting.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will deliver strategic advanced analytics techniques and Machine Learning scalable solutions to solve business requirements in SCIB. You will apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decision. You will proactively work collaboratively with the different SCIB stakeholders (Business, Compliance, CDO, IT, Operations, ...) to implement these solutions across the Organization. Also, you will develop Data Science expertise within SCIB CDO team, mentoring junior data scientists.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Continuously improving the business’s data analysis through the design and the implementation machine-learning models, the application of advanced analytic techniques and the leveraging of data-sources. In particular, building and optimizing automated fraud detection systems using machine learning techniques.
- Maintain a deep understanding the business’s marketplace dynamics.
- Define, together with the business, the key KPIS in order to evaluate the model performance and monitor the trends.
- Make adhoc analysis and present results in a clear manner.
- Develop tools and services from POCs to industrialized features.
- Work closely with the rest of SCIB CDO Teams, in creating solutions through the utilization of data, the design of optimal data architecture ensuring the implementation of industrialized features.
- Keep updated of the latest tendencies and new techniques about machine learning and artificial intelligence topics. Explore new sources of data, modern Deep Learning, NLP techniques and thirdparty and open source solutions to assess potential implementation for use cases.
- Collaborate with other data scientists to deliver strategic advanced analytics projects from design to execution. Engage in fundamental research to develop novel solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- +5 years of relevant experience in Data Science role with a strong background on mathematics and computer science
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse crossfunctional stakeholders
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- A background in apply advanced analytic / ML in data discovery and data quality use cases will be desirable.
- Knowledge in data governance will be a plu
- University Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related scientific disciplines
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Programming Languages: Python
- Machine Learning
- Visualization Tools
- Visualization tools: D3.js, Power BI, QSense …
- Knowledge of data discovery, data quality and data governance
- Machine Learning
- English C1
- Fluent Spanish
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.