Primary Skills: Data Engineer, Data Engineering, Hadoop, Hive,ETLDuration: 06+ MonthsContract Type: W2Qualifications:
To follow up with any questions, please contact Nitish at 408-512-2367.
- Design, build, and manage complex analytics data models in Hive/Presto/Hadoop for the GTM Analytics team. The analytics datasets will be used by data analysts in GTM Analytics to do deep dive analysis, build dashboards, or other data science projects.
- Your primarily responsibilities will include designing, building, validating, deploying, and maintaining new data models. You will need to be able to create ETL pipelines using Hive/Presto, Python, Oozie, etc.
- In addition, you may be required to do data visualization and dashboarding work in powerbi/tableau. Experience in either of these(especially powerbi) is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Querying and manipulating large data sets for analytical purposes using SQL and SQL like languages (Hive/Presto is strongly preferred). Expert level in SQL
- Experience with Hadoop/big data environments
- Professional experience in the data warehouse space
- Good attention to detail and ability to QA multiple data sources
- Experience working on building scalable ETL pipelines, data warehousing and schema modeling
- Experience working with Oozie Workflows is a plus
- Experience with scripting language such as Python
- PowerBI/Tableau experience is a plus. If no experience, a willingness to self learn and get up to speed quickly.
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years of relevant experience
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.