Senior Data Analyst
- 200001JZ)Senior Data AnalystSainsbury’s Bank, EdinburghIn a nutshell
Reporting into the Business Intelligence Manager, this exciting new role will require the successful person to produce daily, monthly and periodic reporting to support a variety of functions within the organisation. This will include maintaining, reviewing and developing reporting models and toolsets during the transformation to a new data platform.What you need to do
What you need to know and show
- The role holder will take day to day ownership of general reporting regime and will assume a shared responsibility for review and any required re-engineering of internal and external reporting
- You will work with all areas of the bank in the development of reporting requirements.
- You will have ownership for the reporting regime on a shared basis with other Senior Analysts
- Day-to-day input into the development and management reporting
- Support the ongoing change and development of all aspects of data management and reporting whilst ensuring compliance with new regulatory updates.
- Respond to queries both internal and external, related to the reporting and performance of a variety of business functions
- Research and support proposals for methodology enhancements arising from regulatory or technological developments, new product coverage and to improve current methodologies.
- Documentation of the reporting methodology supporting all changes \ developments and presentation to management and the business as required
- Supporting the transition of Bank reporting through the various steps of current change programmes
- Representing Business Intelligence on data impacting projects
Colleague Conduct Rules
- Higher qualification in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics or Finance or equivalent professional qualification/experience
- An understanding of banking, the inherent risks in these products and how it is mitigated, as well as the impact to risk, regulatory and strategic requirements.
- Experience of Hadoop data structures with SCALAR or Functional Programming exposure and skills
- Experienced SAS\SQL user; other visualisation toolsets would be an advantage.
- Developing knowledge of models for reporting to defined standards/templates and a sound practical understanding of market Reporting methodologies, and experience with financial reporting validation.
- Communicating with all levels of stakeholder and ability to present ideas and complex explanations in an accessible manner.
- Having an awareness and understanding of conduct risk
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).Our benefits
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
A little about us & our culture
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers.Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential.Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us, but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Apply today and we’ll be in touch (we’re also happy to discuss flexible working options (including part time)
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
Sainsburys Bank Lochside Sainsbury's Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ