We are Ensemble IP, a forward-thinking team of IP Industry veterans building a new approach to patent search and analysis. We believe that the highest quality search is the result of the right technical expert using the right search techniques and the right technology.
We have a fast-paced collaborative culture focused on delighting our customers with high quality research products and fantastic service. Every single one of us is an integral part of the mission and we believe in working together to meet our goals. We enjoy our work and are passionate about our mission; we have fun each day and take satisfaction in a job well done. We are a virtual organization and use technology platforms to communicate and effectively work together across locations and time zones.
You enjoy a challenge and are ready to roll your sleeves up and get to work. You are not afraid to ask for help and enjoy learning new things, even if it is just a new way to complete a familiar task. You stay focused on the goal, but are flexible and can adapt to changes in plans. You work well independently and effectively manage your own deadlines and goals. You work well as part of a virtual team and make an effort to stay connected with your colleagues around the digital “water cooler”.
Our NLP Engineer is a senior ML engineer and developer who reports to the Chief Data Scientist. The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with other data scientists, software engineers, internal and external customers, and the executive management team. You will take a leading role in designing algorithms for information extraction and knowledge-graph building/querying, all assisted by artificial intelligence models. Knowledge graphs and NLP are challenging fields, so you must enjoy difficult challenges and have a great deal of creativity and problem-solving skills. In this role, you will:
- Develop AI-based algorithms to create information graphs from unstructured (document contents) and structured (metadata) text.
- Train AI models to extract and match semantic information from documents.
- Build custom knowledge graphs capable of scaling to billions of nodes and relationships.
- Develop algorithms for knowledge graph exploration, search, etc.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Solve problems and not just code predefined tasks. You will use your creativity, expertise, and initiative to come up with your own solutions.
- Help others and listen to the insights of your teammates. We really appreciate learning from each other.
- Effectively collaborate with team members, internal and external customers, and other stakeholders.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and adopt modern development best-practices.
- Most importantly, send amazing GIFs and xkcd comics to the dev channel when things just don’t work!
Skills and qualifications
- Experience in Machine Learning and big data production workflows.
- Experience with collaborative development best-practices. Experience in open-source development is a big plus.
- A coding style that is well-structured and encompasses robustness and integration.
- A mindset towards developing for cloud environments and distributed systems.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills and excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work an Eastern US Time Zone Schedule.
- MSc/PhD qualification in computer science, electrical engineering, math/statistics, linguistics or related field.
- Strong NLP experience in production: Information extraction, knowledge graphs and Transformer-like neural network models.
- Strong understanding of usual challenges when working with data at scale.
- Excellent skills with Python and NLP/AI libraries like SpaCy and PyTorch.
- Proficient with graph databases (AWS Neptune, Neo4j or similar) and query languages SPARQL or Cypher.
- Proficiency with distributed data systems like Apache Spark, Hadoop, etc. is a big plus.
- Familiar with common development technologies in Linux and CI/CD practices.
- Familiar with other technologies in our stack is a plus: AWS, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kafka, GraphQL, etc.
What else we offer
- An amazing team in a relaxed environment. Good mood and fun every day.
- 100% Remote.
- Flexible schedule.
- International team: US, Barcelona and Toronto.
- WeLearn: continuous education & knowledge exchange, including attending conferences.
- A new desktop computer or laptop with dual monitor.
- Anything you need to make your workspace at home comfortable.