HarperCollins is looking for a Data Engineer to join the Data Science team.
The Data Science team works closely with sales, inventory management, editorial, and other teams to solve complex challenges and drive business growth by developing algorithms, building automated data tools, and providing data-driven recommendations. The new Data Engineer will work on the implementation of production data science tools and pipelines.
This role will report to the Head of Data Science.
- Contribute to the design, development, and deployment of automated data science products and tools.
- Create data pipelines to feed data science algorithms and machine learning models.
- Work closely with data scientists to scale data science solutions and translate proof-of-concepts into production-grade code.
- Maintain production pipelines.
- Share knowledge and experience with peers and help set best practices for development.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative field, like statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Strong Python and SQL coding skills
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying applications on cloud platforms, preferably GCP
- Experience with common data science packages, like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn, is a plus
- Ability to work with cross-functional, collaborative team
- Motivated, resourceful self-starter
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
This role is currently based out of New York, NY. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.