Job Description Summary
The Data scientist will work in teams addressing statistical and machine learning problems in Contractual Services Agreement (CSA) & Technologies. In this role, the person will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, deep-learning, statistical methods, semantic analysis for finding structure in large data sets. Job Description
The Data Scientist will be a part of Contractual Services Agreement (CSA) & Technologies working on projects typically involving large, complex data sets. Develop data science models to address product and services engineering teams needs and opportunities. Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into viable products and services. Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics including image analytics. Perform exploratory and targeted data analysis using descriptive statistics and other methods. Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics. Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes. Share and discuss findings with team members.
Masters or PhD degree in Data Science , Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field plus minimum 2 year of Data Science driven analytics development experience
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Python and / or other analytic software tools or languages
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for solving business problems
- Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
- Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working on analytics / software on heavy manufacturing, engineering or airline industries
- Demonstrated awareness of industry and technology trends in data science
- Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
- Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
- Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Demonstrated awareness of presentation skills
- Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: