As a Data Scientist you will be part of our Data & Analytics service line. Our team aims to support clients in their end-to-end Data & Analytics needs, ranging from data strategy and data management to predictive and prescriptive analytics.
A Data Scientist at BearingPoint is a little different than at other companies. Of course, you will help our clients by creating statistical, optimization and machine learning models, but that is not all you do. You will also act in a consulting role, helping the client identify the best (analytics) option for their business challenge, advising them on which question to tackle first and sometimes even teaching client employees your skills.
As a Data Scientist you are responsible for delivering advanced analytics projects and, depending on your experience level, leading small teams of colleagues in delivery. During a project, you will make smart use of the available data from the client and if of value, augment that with additional data, for example from open data sources.
Your primary responsibilities are:
· Delivery of analytics projects from descriptive to prescriptive analytics with a focus on predictive and prescriptive analytics
· Designing and developing analytics approaches to solve the client’s business challenge
· Providing guidance and support to the clients in implementing the outcomes of an analysis
· Signaling the needs of the clients and implementing these within the project scope
· Help coach and develop junior colleagues in the D&A team, also outside of the context of a project
· Identifying gaps in the client’s data & analytics capabilities and proactively addressing those, potentially creating prerequisites for the original analytics projects to move forward
Your qualifications & competencies
· A relevant and completed Master’s Degree (Data science, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing or similar studies)
· 2-5 years of experience in data science or advanced analytics
· Knowledge of and practical experience with analytical techniques ranging from descriptive to prescriptive analytics including activities such as data analysis, data mining, machine learning and mathematical optimization
· Knowledge of and experience with Python or R. Knowing both is a plus
· Experience with either AWS or MS Azure
· Experience in a consulting role is a plus
· A can-do and independent work attitude
· Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English (written and spoken)
What we offer
BearingPoint offers the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of talented professionals in The Netherlands, being part of our firm wide community. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is cooperative; the structure is flat, and the result is growth.
Working at BearingPoint means:
· The opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We have a substantial training program, both for people with limited experience as well as for more experienced hires.
· A steep learning curve with direct client contact and the opportunity to have impact on our business
· Being part of a relatively small (~70 people), but close, group of enthusiastic consultants
· A healthy work-life balance which includes parental leave days and flexible working hours
· Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, (electric) lease car, laptop, smartphone, a collective pension, and health scheme.
As our clients put it “we like working with BearingPoint, because they truly help us grow and aim to make themselves superfluous”.