Sonalake is a software partnering company that helps our clients realise their product roadmaps. Product design and engineering are at the heart of our business. Our engineering teams work with clients right across the stack; UX, UI design, frontend, backend, analytics, infrastructure, operations - and everything else that goes into delivering great products.
We thrive on variety and are highly adaptable. Our teams are exposed to domains as varied as telecom billing, ad tech, securities-based lending, travel tech analytics, and many more.
Innovation is central to our mission; anticipating future client needs, analysing emerging technologies and developing new products and services.
With a particular focus on data science and data visualisation, our fast-growing analytics practice designs and builds data platforms and analytics applications. We are now seeking to grow this team. That’s where you come in!
- Work with client stakeholders to gather requirements around their data analytics needs and use of data
- Understand business objectives and user requirements
- Work with other engineers in the company to design, build, and productionise data intensive applications and pipelines
- Create and maintain relevant specifications and documentation
- Diagnose production issues
- Improve data engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Hold a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Have 4+ years hands-on software engineering experience with java or python
- Enjoy and have experience wrangling data and designing and building data pipelines to power reporting and analytics applications
- Have developed data-intensive production systems using some of the following
- Apache Spark, Parquet, Avro, AWS S3
- AWS Data Glue, AWS Lambda
- Relational databases, SQL, DynamoDB
- Have worked with reporting tools such as Tableau, Looker, Metabase or equivalent
- Have worked with tools like Jenkins, Docker, Git and are very comfortable working from the Linux command line and with scripting languages
- Have worked on teams that have shipped and operated critical software systems
- Pursue a high level of autonomy and responsibility within a knowledge sharing culture
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Are a great communicator in English - both written and spoken
We take pride in being a people-oriented company. Openness and opportunity are really important to us. We build teams that span from experienced leaders to bright graduates and work to develop all of us within our coaching culture.